Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Evolution (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-evolution-50/)
-   -   boost leak (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-evolution-50/boost-leak-25182/)

southside 02-02-2008 01:50 AM

boost leak

if i have a boost leak will it jerk the car like its back firing

[IMG]local://upfiles/15944/48FCBE93B09E4F37ABA9D8CED4A77475.jpg[/IMG]

lhausi2 02-02-2008 10:06 AM

RE: boost leak

well it might, or it might just not drive normal at all and sputter instead of a smooth incline in rpms. it all depends on where the boost leak is

5280LANEVO 02-02-2008 10:12 AM

Could it be a spike?

lhausi2 02-02-2008 10:52 AM

what kinda mods you got? how much boost you running?

EMonz57 02-02-2008 10:54 AM

Depends on your mods. A boost leak usually ill make the idle jump up and down. and the car sputter and want to stall out on hard stops.

That asside why did you put a pic of an Evo wing in your post? If your going to put a pic at least make it your car not a dummy pic

lhausi2 02-02-2008 11:01 AM

yeah i was wondering the same thing,lol
the easiest way to tell is, when ur driving and hit the brakes, the idle will go down then come back up to regular idle

EMonz57 02-02-2008 11:52 AM

or do it the right way and simply get a boost leak tester and actually test all the charge pipes and FMIC that way;)

Rob 02-02-2008 02:39 PM

Ifhe can't figure out if he has a boost leak, we won't know how to do a leak test.

southside 02-02-2008 05:05 PM

well i have after market wastegate, bov, and ams intercooler, with a turboxs boost control, full 3" exhaust, and im trying to finish painting the car before i post the pic thats why and thats all people see when i race them is my ass anyways, so yea. do you think if i upgrade the piping would that work.

southside 02-02-2008 05:07 PM

i have a boost leak tester but im losing so much its hard to pinpoint were its coming from,

lhausi2 02-02-2008 05:28 PM

Usually the more air ure loosing the easier its to tell and if ure loosing that much air then check all the clamps and see if they're on right. Another easy way to check is, if u know sum1 with a garage who has an emissions tester, hook it up to the boost leak tester then you'll see the smoke where the leaks are/is

EMonz57 02-02-2008 06:33 PM

For some reason this just seems like your BSing all of us on here. Who doesnt have 1 pic of thereevo I mean come on lol

lhausi2 02-02-2008 07:31 PM

if i had an evo i could be in 2 pieces and i'd have a pic of it up, being all proud of it,haha

TheEngineer 02-02-2008 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: southside

well i have after market wastegate, bov, and ams intercooler, with a turboxs boost control, full 3" exhaust,
Wow what crap. So you have an aftermarket wastegate on your stock turbo??! and an AMS intercooler on a stock turbo. Also you have a MBC and you dont even know if you have boost leak. I mean you do have a boost gauge right?

What kinda wastegate is this exactly?

lhausi2 02-02-2008 10:23 PM

The only aftermarket wastegate it can be is an upgraded actuator type one (internal), and what's wrong with an intercooler on a stock turbo, its proven to give you hp without an upgraded turbo. Its a different story if it was an eclipse with a sh**ty t25

southside 02-03-2008 10:16 PM

i have pics of my car but when it was crush like a can i have been trying to save the money to get it looking good again. yea i wish i could show its off but id rather wait instead of posting a crushed can or what i have now a primed evo. but yea i have a boost gauge, auto meter. and i seen to be doing fine on the stock turbo for know i have a 35-r i had for it but im saling it for a 70. i just have to put on my cams, header, and my small radiator.

lhausi2 02-03-2008 10:21 PM

how much you want for the 35r? and i'm not gunna lie i'd like to see the pics of a canned evo,lol and for the primed part, they look nasty in primer, how the f*** did it get canned to they way it is? by the way
and i hope you got a clutch if you're slapping an 70. on there, just u won't go anywhere with a stock clutch, and yeah how does it have an aftermarket wastegate on it? cuz that's just dumb and not worth it(to whomever put in on there)

southside 02-03-2008 10:29 PM

yea i have the aem set aside for that but i trying to sale it for 400 i have a friend who wants it so. im new at this downloading pics on the pc so give me a week. im going back to the yellow, and i have a sea west bumper that im repairing from the rec, and a carbon fiber hood. but no i was driving behind a truck who was racing me and he thought it would be funny and hit the brakes when i was about to pass him we were only going 30.

Sebba 02-03-2008 11:12 PM

You sound like 5star

bestwiseguy 02-03-2008 11:57 PM

^^ that would be funny as hell.

EMonz57 02-04-2008 07:16 AM

soo true

lhausi2 02-04-2008 09:41 AM

Yeaah he really does
I think this build would be interesting, trying to run a 70 without fuel upgrades,lol or any internal upgrades to the bottom end

Sebba 02-04-2008 11:24 AM

Well he does lol

lhausi2 02-04-2008 11:39 AM

Yeah but it can't be, there's no way he went from a friggen rs or gs to an evo, although we still dunno if this kidd actually has one or not

Sebba 02-04-2008 11:44 AM

Whos to say hes not BSing?

lhausi2 02-04-2008 12:07 PM

Yeah its sad how we all think he is, if he railed sum1 doing 30mph hedd have a whole bunch of damage and popped airbags for sure, most likely totalled, cuz there was an evo on evoM that got totalled out after hitting sumthing around 15/20 mph

southside 02-06-2008 06:42 PM

well i got my leak fixed it was leaking from both the rubber cups on each side of the intercooler in the front, but now i think my knock sens is going out when i did a run my friends laptop it show alot off knocking on the motor.

EMonz57 02-06-2008 07:03 PM

well i got my leak fixed it was leaking from both the rubber cups on each side of the intercooler in the front, but now i think my knock sens is going out when i did a run my friends laptop it show alot off knocking on the motor.
That doesnt mean the sensor is bad that means your motor is not running undersafe conditions. You shouldnt have any knock at all if you guys are attempting to tune it your going to blow the car up esspecially if your knocking

southside 02-06-2008 07:19 PM

go to mooremaxperformance.com click on features and them mitsubishi look at the evo we worked on that one for a year thats one of their first evos im their second if you still dont believe me that i have an evo call them they know just ask if i have a yellow evo also asked if i rec it and in still working on it. they are the only ones out of the usa that has a 700hp evo on stock ems. still dont believe me may be im talking bs ask for kevin, im asking you guys for help and say **** like this sucks. yea i could go to him but i figure getting answers from around the country would be cool like everyone i hang with here has a srt4 and they rag on my evo cuase its has problems. so i came here. if i was bsing about my car and it wasnt true then why in the hell would i make my fake car break. hell no i would make it faster then your cars. i have been having problems downloading these pics have one before and after the rec. its saying the pic is to large for the thing and i cant figure how to make it smaller.

TheEngineer 02-06-2008 07:29 PM

you can either use paint to resize or you could just upload them to photobucket

Its not that we dont believe you about the evo but its just that the way you present your mods make no sense, hence dont sound very believable. It just sounds like you arnt very sure of exactly what mods you have

EMonz57 02-06-2008 07:31 PM

go to mooremaxperformance.com click on features and them mitsubishi look at the evo we worked on that one for a year thats one of their first evos im their second if you still dont believe me that i have an evo call them they know just ask if i have a yellow evo also asked if i rec it and in still working on it. they are the only ones out of the usa that has a 700hp evo on stock ems. still dont believe me may be im talking bs ask for kevin, im asking you guys for help and say **** like this sucks. yea i could go to him but i figure getting answers from around the country would be cool like everyone i hang with here has a srt4 and they rag on my evo cuase its has problems. so i came here. if i was bsing about my car and it wasnt true then why in the hell would i make my fake car break. hell no i would make it faster then your cars. i have been having problems downloading these pics have one before and after the rec. its saying the pic is to large for the thing and i cant figure how to make it smaller.
Dude I totally believe you have an evo that is not in question, but you have big claims like you work on these car often yet you know jack **** about them , which is fine we all need to start somewhere. Im not saying I know everything about everything but I did infact do all the mods on my car myself and it runs perfect and makes good enough power for a street car. you can make you car as fast as you want if its faster than mine I could careless really there are 1000s of Evos faster than mine lol.There is no such thing as a stock EMS BTW unless your trying to say stock bottom end which I find very hard to belive unless it was just on the dyno at the power and never on the street or track cause you and I both know the stock bottom end cant handle more than 550 street or track conditions. I was being honest that if your getting knock the sensor is most likely not bad, and if your trying to tune the car and causeing knock you WILL blow the motor up. All of your posts here are way to vage for any of us to really help you when we have to ask you 100 times over and voer the same questions to helo clear up all the grey areas.

southside 02-06-2008 07:51 PM

ok let me start over on this whole thing i have now confused my self. i have an 03 evo8 its yellow everything is stock on it but theintercooler, and the exhaust, i have an ams intercooler with a apexi n1 down pipe, gutted cat and ams catback. im at right now 19-20 psi. about six months ago i got into a rec, i was doing 30 i think i slowed down to 10, im slammed in the front end, the radiator support, hood, bumper, and everything between, i have been fixing it ever since, i have thee cwest bumper for it and carbon fiber hood, to my luck this car is pretty strong, i have only had it for a year. i have replaced the clutch which is still stock. if i can find a job before they repo my car i can finish it, i know a liitle bit about them just not alot, so hopefully you guys understand now where im coming from.

TheEngineer 02-06-2008 07:55 PM

se now things are actually making sense, haha.

Welcome to the forums:D

southside 02-06-2008 07:59 PM

its about time i get welcomed ive been trying to download my pics it wont allow me it says it to big but yea im going to keep on trying if it works it will be under south sides car

EMonz57 02-06-2008 08:00 PM

ok let me start over on this whole thing i have now confused my self. i have an 03 evo8 its yellow everything is stock on it but theintercooler, and the exhaust, i have an ams intercooler with a apexi n1 down pipe, gutted cat and ams catback. im at right now 19-20 psi. about six months ago i got into a rec, i was doing 30 i think i slowed down to 10, im slammed in the front end, the radiator support, hood, bumper, and everything between, i have been fixing it ever since, i have thee cwest bumper for it and carbon fiber hood, to my luck this car is pretty strong, i have only had it for a year. i have replaced the clutch which is still stock. if i can find a job before they repo my car i can finish it, i know a liitle bit about them just not alot, so hopefully you guys understand now where im coming from.
Thank you lol, makes alot more sense when you take the time to explain. You didnt have insurance on the car?

southside 02-06-2008 08:06 PM

no i did but i sent it to the finance cump and they gave me s*** so i just fixed it my self, so yea it put me about three months behide and 12000 bucks in debt.

TheEngineer 02-06-2008 08:09 PM

I would just try and uplaod them to photobucket

EMonz57 02-06-2008 08:09 PM

no offence but how has the car not been repo's yet? are you hiding it lol. Why cant you find a job? just get any old job just for now to try to keep up alittle.

EMonz57 02-06-2008 08:10 PM

its about time i get welcomed ive been trying to download my pics it wont allow me it says it to big but yea im going to keep on trying if it works it will be under south sides car
use photobucket.com it ill automatically resize

southside 02-06-2008 08:16 PM

cool ill try that for my pic, and yes ive been hideing it, i went to the junk yard acting like i was buying somthing and took a vin from a regular lancer, that why i primerd the thing so they cant take it. i thought it wouldnt work but quess again