Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

boost leak

Old 02-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Default RE: boost leak

Usually the more air ure loosing the easier its to tell and if ure loosing that much air then check all the clamps and see if they're on right. Another easy way to check is, if u know sum1 with a garage who has an emissions tester, hook it up to the boost leak tester then you'll see the smoke where the leaks are/is

Old 02-02-2008, 06:33 PM

For some reason this just seems like your BSing all of us on here. Who doesnt have 1 pic of thereevo I mean come on lol

Old 02-02-2008, 07:31 PM

if i had an evo i could be in 2 pieces and i'd have a pic of it up, being all proud of it,haha

Old 02-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: southside

well i have after market wastegate, bov, and ams intercooler, with a turboxs boost control, full 3" exhaust,
Wow what crap. So you have an aftermarket wastegate on your stock turbo??! and an AMS intercooler on a stock turbo. Also you have a MBC and you dont even know if you have boost leak. I mean you do have a boost gauge right?

What kinda wastegate is this exactly?

Old 02-02-2008, 10:23 PM

The only aftermarket wastegate it can be is an upgraded actuator type one (internal), and what's wrong with an intercooler on a stock turbo, its proven to give you hp without an upgraded turbo. Its a different story if it was an eclipse with a sh**ty t25

Old 02-03-2008, 10:16 PM

i have pics of my car but when it was crush like a can i have been trying to save the money to get it looking good again. yea i wish i could show its off but id rather wait instead of posting a crushed can or what i have now a primed evo. but yea i have a boost gauge, auto meter. and i seen to be doing fine on the stock turbo for know i have a 35-r i had for it but im saling it for a 70. i just have to put on my cams, header, and my small radiator.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:21 PM

how much you want for the 35r? and i'm not gunna lie i'd like to see the pics of a canned evo,lol and for the primed part, they look nasty in primer, how the f*** did it get canned to they way it is? by the way
and i hope you got a clutch if you're slapping an 70. on there, just u won't go anywhere with a stock clutch, and yeah how does it have an aftermarket wastegate on it? cuz that's just dumb and not worth it(to whomever put in on there)

Old 02-03-2008, 10:29 PM

yea i have the aem set aside for that but i trying to sale it for 400 i have a friend who wants it so. im new at this downloading pics on the pc so give me a week. im going back to the yellow, and i have a sea west bumper that im repairing from the rec, and a carbon fiber hood. but no i was driving behind a truck who was racing me and he thought it would be funny and hit the brakes when i was about to pass him we were only going 30.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Banned

You sound like 5star

Old 02-03-2008, 11:57 PM

^^ that would be funny as hell.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: boost leak