Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

downipipe question

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Default downipipe question

Sup guys...again..lol I just ordered my fuel pump, and megan catback with the resonated test pipe but I got a question, megan still doesnt have a downpipe for the 2005 and up evo's so if worst case I had to, is there any other brand down pipes that bolt up to the megan system with out any problems??? I dont like mixing and matching but if they dont release the 05 and up downpipe anytime soon what would you recommend that fits??

Old 02-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Banned
Default RE: downipipe question

i believe anything the same diameter will fit

Old 02-23-2007, 11:02 PM

all the flanges are the same on all downpipes???

Old 02-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Banned

I believe so

Old 02-23-2007, 11:42 PM

oh, well thats good to know, maybe i can buy the downpipe from somone else then. I'll have to look into it. Thanks Sebba

Old 02-24-2007, 12:03 AM

wrong........ some DPs are full P test pipe combined. some the flanges are not in the same angle as megan as well... im not sure what will fit it honestly this is more of a EvoM research thing youll find out there I am sure

Old 02-24-2007, 12:34 AM

I thought you might of known, no biggie. I just hate posting there because most of the members there are ****** except a few that actually will help instead of giving a smart *** remark like.........search.......use the serach. Thanks though, i guess i might try but i know what will happen.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:26 AM

well try the search seriously im sure its there cause it cant be an uncommon question

Old 02-24-2007, 11:06 AM

well what do you recommened me typr for the search?? I tried putting megan compatability but only got one thread and no mone answered that guys thread.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:01 AM

well i have been talking to a tuner on evom and I think im leaning towards the helix downpipe, they say that the megan will be out in maarch but how can I take thier word for it, they said the same thing in august last year and said it would be out in a month, then a month later came and nothing, then they said before the end of the year and still nothing, so i dont believe the downpipe will be out in march. So heres what im looking at, i was told that it will bolt up to the megan, but it doesnt say wether or not it will fit the cars with acd, it says 03+ but others say the same thing and dont fit the 05+ because of the acd, so im not sure. Also it says bolts up to stock cat, does this mean that when emissiion time comes I should be able to swao the testpipe out for the stock cat and when im done just put it back???

Quick Reply: downipipe question