Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Drive shaft question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Default Drive shaft question

I need to know the spline count on an EVO 7,8, or 9 drive shaft.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:21 AM
Default RE: Drive shaft question

ewww good question im not sure. Ill do some research tomorrow for ya see if I can find it.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:46 AM

Pinion gear in the rear end had 13 teeth. I dont know if this helps you at all. I guess I'm just a rear end guy LOL

Old 08-26-2007, 03:20 PM

awww, nevermind guys... I was hoping to use the Evo tranny to help convert my car to AWD but it looks like it won't bolt up to my block, sooo now there's no need to know the evo driveshaft stuff..., Now I'm exploring the possibility of using a Montero Tranny?

Old 08-27-2007, 06:01 AM

I hope you either have a bunch of money to waste or REALLY GOOD fabrication skills and equipment, because you are looking at a hell of a lot of work making your car AWD.

By the time you were done with the swap, you could have sold your car, and bought an Evo for the same money. The Evo will outrun, outhandle, overall outperform your 4G Eclipse w/ AWD conversion.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:24 AM

ORIGINAL: superbike81

I hope you either have a bunch of money to waste or REALLY GOOD fabrication skills and equipment, because you are looking at a hell of a lot of work making your car AWD.

By the time you were done with the swap, you could have sold your car, and bought an Evo for the same money. The Evo will outrun, outhandle, overall outperform your 4G Eclipse w/ AWD conversion.
he has a 3G not A 4g and the AWD converstion has been done as far as I know a handful of times already. I guess the 3G is not "to" hard to swap in some AWD drivetrain

Old 08-27-2007, 09:57 AM

Oops, I meant to say 3G, that was a typo, didn't even notice it. Regardless, it's too much work for too little performance. Ok, so lets say he gets it all swapped in there for a few thousand bucks, so he'll have a slower car than it was before the mods because of the extra weight. How much are turbo kits for those V6 Eclipses? After the kit, install, tuning, and all the other misc crap that would need to be bought, he still could have just bought an Evo for the same or less money.

I'm not saying it can't be done, and I'm sure it would be a pretty cool car if he's not looking for something that performs particularly well, if it's more for telling people "I have an AWD 3G Eclipse" and he wants to take it skiing or something that's fine.

I just personally think it's a huge waste of time, money, and effort.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Banned

But still its cool to see.... and he seems to know his way around the car... so i say good luck to ya : )

Old 08-28-2007, 08:29 AM

and on the ther hand superbike, not everybody wants an evo... uniqueness gets points in this game to. i know some people who don't even like EVO's... and would rather have an awd 300whp pinto lol. it's all preference but yes i do see where you are coming from.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:42 AM

I dont think the Evo is the best looking car. It looks good but ya know it is a microwave with 4 wheels on it and a turbo lol

Quick Reply: Drive shaft question