Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Evo 7 GTA

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 03:30 PM
Default Evo 7 GTA

Hi guys I was hoping someone could help me.

I recently converted our 7 to a 6 spd manual, everything went fine, but I cannot get my speedo to work.

I've located the supposed vehicle speed sensor wire but when I put 12v and earth to the manual box sender unit it still doesn't work.

I even tried the AT input and output speed sensors.

Please may someone help me

Old 08-01-2013, 02:14 AM

err, the sender will send a pulse signal to the dash.
Is it 2 or 3 wire connection?
Pics help.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Default need help with which is speed wire from speedo in evo 7 gta?

Hi i was wondering how u got ur 7 gta speedo to work? do u know the colour of the speed wire behind the dash? It's just i wantig to install pivot speed meter v on my car to remove the speed limiter but i am having basically heaps of trouble for the same reason u did that there is no direct speed sensor on the gta and the speed is taken from the transmission...so anyway after trying nearly everything else possible including re-flash which for some reason i can't change the top speed limit in mine, i was hoping to be able to install straight behind the dash after it's came from the tranmission instead of from out of the ecu, could u possible help me with any info on how it works or if u remember even which wire in describtion or the colour of it directly behind the dash, thanks alot from David....Tassie.