Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Evo R.I.P.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Default Evo R.I.P.

Well, I purchased my Evo IX and it is now a wrecked Evo IX as of April 05, 2009. It happened on the freeway as I was driving behind my parents in the fast lane. They ran over a piece of metal in the road and kicked it up just enough for the wind to lift it up at windshield level of my Evo (winds are bad in the desert. I swerved into the emergency lane to miss and quickly back into the fast lane. The car started sliding (we were doing around 78 mph) when my girlfriend and I went across the freeway. What is frustrating is when I almost had control of the car again a Camry hit the back side of the Evo and I went of the enbankment and slid into a fence - hitting the fence caused most of the damage. My girlfriend and I are were fine and didn't have a scratch but, the Evo had quite a bit of damage on the front passenger side, scratches on the body, and the back bumper was damaged. The parts damaged that are related to the engine are the oil cooler, lower IC pipe, and intercooler. With 15,000 mi on the Evo IX I'm hoping I can sell the car for $10,000 since it runs, all the doors close and open as normal, here are the mods I have:

FP Green, HFS-1 water meth, tuned by Tuning Technologies, 3" downpipe, 3" exhaust, test pipe, ported manifold, cams (GSC S1), head studs, intake, GFB BOV, Turbo Timer, factory gauges, ACT clutch (brand new), 02 housing, and IC pipes.

What do you guys think?
Name:  imgEvo01.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  56.7 KB

Old 04-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Banned

Dude just fix it. It isn't that bad.

I'm glad that you and your girlfriend are okay.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:43 PM

glad you are ok. That doesnt look to bad. Honestly if you sell with all your mods $10k should be doable if not more.

You could just buy a new front end and prob fix it back up. Or buy it back take all the mods off of it and put then into another one

Old 04-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Banned

You don't even know if the insurance declared it a total loss yet.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:36 PM

if you wanna sell parts, ill take the intake (if it can be used with a recirculated BOV), the bov. I have a injen intake pipe (non recirculated) and a HKS BOV

Old 04-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Banned

That's ****ed up lol.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:22 AM

Well, my brothers and I assessed the damage last night and found the following problems (some of them obvious..lol):

Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
Front Fenders
Hood
Intercooler
Lower IC Pipe
Oil Cooler
Rear Control Arm

There are scratched on the paint everywhere but, there aren't any major dents at all so I think I'm going to fix the car. If you guys have a stock intercooler or any of these other parts let me know. What is crazy is the report says my Evo was airborne for 20 feet off the enbankment and there no damage to the bottom of the car other than the undertray is gone.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:52 PM

I have all the stock parts, but I want to save them in case I get sent to the ref out here in cali. Good luck on your fix

Old 04-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Banned

There is a dude parting one out on here!

Old 04-06-2009, 06:11 PM

I'm shocked but, just looking today I was able to locate and purchase the following parts:

Stock Rear Bumper: $80.00 (same color)
Stock Hood: $90.00 (same color)
Stock Intercooler: $20.00
Oil Cooler and Bracket: $130.00

Still need:
Upper rear passenger control arm
Lower IC Pipe
Front Fenders
Front Bumper
Headlight Housing both sides
Inner fender walls

Quick Reply: Evo R.I.P.