Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Evo X questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Default Evo X questions

does anybody know when the evo X will be released? do you know if they will do military discounts since its such new car? do you know how much it will be? are they still releasing all the versions like RS and MR? whats up? im wondering if i should wait for the evo X instead of getting me a VIII or IX.

thanx guys

Old 05-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Default RE: Evo X questions

Prolly in 2008 is when it will be released is my guess...and the price is like $45-50k from the info ive gathered.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:20 PM

Funny this thread was brought up.
I just got home from the Mitsu dealer where I was inquiring about an Evo X.

Its gonna be a late 2007 availability.
Starting price for base Evo X (turbo, awd, NO a/c, single disc cd player, cloth interior)... $38,900
November is the expected release date.
Being as its a brand new model year/design, there are no discounts or rebates offered on any 2008 Lancer/Evo, and there won't be for a while.
No word from the dealer on the models, but there will be 3 different Evos.
They are only available as a special order car.

I went to look at the 2008's today and found out tons about the Evo X.
My names at the top of the waiting list.

I came super close to driving home in a GTS Lancer (2.0ltr MIVEC, 18"s, Rockford Fosgate sound system that beats like oh my god, Bluetooth hands free phone operation, Nav. system w/ 30gb hard drive, 8 wat power drivers seat. Color = electric Blue pearl)today, but decided to hold off until Nov. when the Evo X is available. I can then compare prices and see where I stand financially.
GTS = $19,115 + TT&L
EVO = around 41k + TT&L

The dealer I went to is getting one for the showroom, and I will get to drive it.
Its a plus my b-day is in November.
Birthday gift to myself.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:22 PM

holy $%^*... mitsu is pushing away customers in my opinion... dont you think? i know its a brand new car.. engine, design etc but we are not related to bill gates here...i am married and in the military so maybe they should do discounts... if i had the money i would buy it instead of the older evos... just cuz the new one looks so kick ***... IMO it looks like a supped up lexus. dont you think?

by the way.. thanx for that info

Old 05-08-2007, 07:33 PM

i think they are going for a more upper class performance feel with the new evo...kinda like bmw or audi.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:43 PM

something this car isnt supposed to do..... but hey.. being up there with the top dawgs isnt bad... except forthe price... that is bad.. lol

Old 05-08-2007, 11:43 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmitsusrock

i think they are going for a more upper class performance feel with the new evo...kinda like bmw or audi.
The new Lancer is directly targeting BMW in terms of qaulity and reliability.
Thats mentioned in the book.
IMO, the car is worth every penny.
I've never driven such a solid car.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:55 PM

ORIGINAL: pmpmzd6

something this car isnt supposed to do..... but hey.. being up there with the top dawgs isnt bad... except forthe price... that is bad.. lol
The price is fantastic for whats included with the car.
Think about it... how many "performance sports sedans" can you name off the top of your head for under 20k??
I get 3.
2008 Lancer DE (starting at $13k)
2008 Lancer ES (starting at $15k)
2008 Lancer GTS (starting at $18k)

Its too early to know of any quality issues, but the car feels like a well built sedan thats begging to be unleashed.
I can't wait to get my hands on an Evo.
And by the way, a USED Evo VIII will still run you $30k (assuming its relatively low mileage.)

Wheres EMonz for this topic...?

Old 05-09-2007, 12:04 AM

ORIGINAL: pmpmzd6

holy $%^*... mitsu is pushing away customers in my opinion... dont you think? i know its a brand new car.. engine, design etc but we are not related to bill gates here...i am married and in the military so maybe they should do discounts... if i had the money i would buy it instead of the older evos... just cuz the new one looks so kick ***... IMO it looks like a supped up lexus. dont you think?

by the way.. thanx for that info
dont know about that the current Evo MR people have paid around $45k for I know of quite a few actually. Plus teh X is FAR FAR FAR advansed from the currnet US Evos. just based on teh S A YAW control and ACD working together it will be one of the worlds best cornering cars. on top of the added HP they will likely have over the current model what did you expect the price to do? hell even kias are going in the $20k range now.

also keep in mind the second year of the X will offer a 5 spd from what I here which will most likely make it a few 1000 cheaper. and the Ralliart lancer is supposed to come turbo and AWD just a lil less power

Old 05-09-2007, 12:09 AM

+1 to everything he said^^...it is worth every single penny imo...its an "almost-supercar" for a good middle class price. The turbo lancer will be the cheaper model that i am excited about...perhaps a car for college in several years.

Quick Reply: Evo X questions