Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Exhaust Options

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Default RE: Exhaust Options

I am pretty sure They have a bolt in Hi flow as an option when you buy the exhaust. Zyou will get haslted with no cat. We have the same testing here and I have no cat I have yet to pass the inspection so I have go 2 tickets and 1 warning so far since may lol. But the tickets were only $20 and $35 so whatever. I should be able to get it pass this year but I need the "hook" up for that

Old 02-02-2007, 08:22 PM

ahhh thats what I dont want, I got pulled over with my other car but they didnt fine me. Im gonna look into it to see if they have a hi flow cat, i'll post back when I find out. Thanks guys.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:34 PM

I shot over an email to Megan and asked them about the cat, so as soon I find out I'll let you guys know.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:35 AM

ok so I shot an email to meganracing.com and this is the link they sent me

http://meganracing.com/products/prod...d=155&catid=24

Is this what I need???? That dont look like a cat to me but i may be wrong.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:56 AM

ORIGINAL: GotBoost

ok so I shot an email to meganracing.com and this is the link they sent me

http://meganracing.com/products/prod...5&catid=24

Is this what I need???? That dont look like a cat to me but i may be wrong.
* For off-road/race only* right from thay link in other works it is a test pipe which means it is not a cat

Old 02-03-2007, 02:01 AM

thats what I thought, i dont know what the hell they read when I sent them the email..lol Well I have to look into it some more.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:51 AM

hey Emonz I would like your opinion since you have the megan TBE, I have heard all your vids but how loud is the exhaust compared to the stock exhaust??? I know Its gotta be alot louder obviously because your running catless but is it obnoxioux loud??? I mean can you drive and not get annoyed on how loud it is?? If I were to buy the resonator how much do you think it will reduce the sound?? I am thinking that I will just take the shell of my cat when it comes off and weld it to the exhaust to make it look legal. Also emonz what did you do to fix the chekc engine light when you change the exhaust? did you have to buy mil eliminators?? Did the exhaust kit come with everything needed and didnt throw a check engine light?? Sorry again for all the questions its just that this is the exhuast I want, I just wanna make sure i dont run into any problems.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:52 AM

The Megan exhaust is very loud after getting a tune. It is not annoying at all when just cruising it is not loud it does vibrate interior you hardly notice it. But under full boost it opens up and SCREAMs

Here is what I did for the engine light, TheEngineer did this write up it is all picutes of my car so this is not a borrowed write up. this is one did
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_94383/tm.htm

I dont thing the shell of you cat is going to do any good. cuase emmisions test will still fail

Old 02-05-2007, 07:42 PM

thanks emonz for the info

Old 02-09-2007, 07:38 PM

ok so I got an email back from zeus about the megan exhaust system, from what he told me is that the megan system currently doesnt have a highflow cat avilable for it, well that really blows because I really had my mind made up about getting it. Well next option is either look for another setup that has a high flow cat availible or just buy a cat back system, are there any benifits to getting the catback or is it just a waste of money?? I know the best performance would come from a full turbo back but I kinda cant dish out over a grand for an exhaust system.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Options