Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

fuel pump questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Default fuel pump questions

Okay guys I got my 03 evo as most of you know already . I put down 244.7 whp stock with about 11 to 11.3 afr which isn't normal and must of gotten an air/fuel flash to correct the stock tune. Okay I got my intake , lower and upper i/c pipe in, forge bov , tq dampener , perrion light weight crank. I ordered my fuel pump , TBE , head studs , MBC and few gauges to watch everything ie boost and wide band along with EGT. I'm taking my car down to al at dyno flash for a custom dyno tune , but was wonderingshould i let him do the fuel pump the day of the tune or is it safe to run it in the car before he tunes it? Will the car run rich if i do it before tuning or will the computer adjust the afr on its own ?

Old 01-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Default RE: fuel pump questions

Well a fuel pump by itself won't do anything. But say you were also upgrading the fuel injectors then it would deff run rich. I don't know too much about tuning but I think it wouldn't do anything, ie run rich

Old 01-22-2008, 05:13 PM

Ya i wouldn't think it would do anything either as far as running rich , i would imagine that ecu would make adjustments for the added pressue in the fuel system.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:33 PM

You will run rich alittle more I wouldnt worry about it to much. as far as having Al tune your car. Have you ever talked to Al? He is well known but not well liked. He still tunes alot but From everything I have heard and seen in videos he is kinda a jerk to his customers, and alot of people think he is not a very good tuner. He seems to down talk people and there cars.

I have no personal experience with him since I used turbotrix in NJ. However I dont have much good to say about turbotrix either with there customer support.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:47 AM

the place where you get your tune done most likely will prefer that you have a better fuel pump for the tune since the one on the 03 Evos sucks so a new better one will make their job easy

Old 01-23-2008, 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

You will run rich alittle more I wouldnt worry about it to much. as far as having Al tune your car. Have you ever talked to Al? He is well known but not well liked. He still tunes alot but From everything I have heard and seen in videos he is kinda a jerk to his customers, and alot of people think he is not a very good tuner. He seems to down talk people and there cars.

I have no personal experience with him since I used turbotrix in NJ. However I dont have much good to say about turbotrix either with there customer support.
Ya i talked to al once for about an hr on the phone and his newhelper chris is think his name isgetting idea's and making sure my car is preped for him. He seems wicked **** and serious , but i've talked to alot of CT people with evo's and said he did an awesome job. His requirements are insane tho for your car and for urself. Like he wants ur car to be show room condition and no hack mods done to ur car , aka no duck tape holding ur i/c pipes on. no friends with you , no car groups , no one telling him how to tune , just you and ur car. no cel unless otherwise said okay by him. He's like an hour drive from me in CT and since i heard he does a great job its worth it for me. I heard if ur cool aka not asking the dumb questions or trying to tell him how to do his job and ur car is not a hack job he's cool with you and your car. Well once i get those few parts in and installed i'll get it tuned in like mid feb. depending on tax return status . I'll post pics , video's and my dyno graph and i'll let u know if he's a ***** or not.

Mike do u know any other shops in CT or new england area that can do dyno tunes on evo's

Old 01-23-2008, 04:35 PM

Dent Sport Garage in Norwood Ma, which I hear TONS AND TONS of all good things of them. I actually have talked with them and they are nice down to earth guys and they are young so its kinda cool.

turbotrix in edison NJ ehh I wont get into them to much but they do tune well if you get on the dyno

Old 01-23-2008, 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

Dent Sport Garage in Norwood Ma, which I hear TONS AND TONS of all good things of them. I actually have talked with them and they are nice down to earth guys and they are young so its kinda cool.

turbotrix in edison NJ ehh I wont get into them to much but they do tune well if you get on the dyno
you got there number? I'll look them up. Al at dynoflash is charging me 350 for a custom dyno tune and then 100 bucks everytime after that as I do more mods.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:26 PM

they want $500 for a full custom dyno flash, and then like $150 after that. If im not mistaken. But they are all as nice as it gets to talk to, and more than willing to work with you on anything you want. And they do custom work if you want like fab pipeing kits or what ever.

here is there site http://www.dentsport.com/

Old 01-23-2008, 07:37 PM

Thanks mike . ya i looked there site..looks pretty good, they are like 1hr 45min away from me. I remeber seeing there evo flipping over on redline tv , they did a nice shop putting it back together. Also I wanted to let you know about C.A.R.T. Its CT auto and rally team in CT . they do a bunch of auto cross in CT and lime rock in CT along with pocno in pa . if ur ever intrested in doing some road racing instead of drag racing. just food for thought. I just become a member the other day and look forward to the twisties .

Quick Reply: fuel pump questions