Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Gauge Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Default Gauge Question

Ok so I wanna finally get some gauges for my car, I wanna be able to see whats going on, I have been reading alot and searching evom alot and again like most things them seem very biased on the brand of gauges just like everything else. So I found these and they were mentioned at evom and claimed to actually pretty accurate and supposably tested to be just as good as Defi. Personally I cant ever see myself spending 300 bucks per gauge, thats just crazy, so heres the link to what I think would be good. If i get these I'm gonna get a boost, oil presrure and egt gauge. So I want your guys opinion in these. I might purchase them tomorrow but wanna see what you guys say first.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Default RE: Gauge Question

guess it helps if I gave you guys the link huh lol

http://www.prosport-gauges.com/index...white_52mm.htm

Old 04-02-2007, 01:25 AM

Havent tried em yet... but im gonna check them out, im also gonna taste some cheap ones www.glowshift.com im more into personalized **** myself so, if theyre accurate im gonna keep them... im gonna see if i can find somewhere reviews for your gauges

Old 04-02-2007, 01:50 AM

thanks man, i'll look to but looking forward to what you can find. Thanks again.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:57 AM

Oh I have seen those glowshift gauges, them seem pretty neat, but I kinda liked the proshift ones because they match the stock instrument cluster color.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:38 AM

Im not sure if the rules allow or not to post threads from other forums in here.... but i found a helpful review for the gauges.... http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1093141
Enjoy, and please let us know the outcome, specially for myself since im all tech and theoric and im more about keeping data of my engine more than running it

Old 04-02-2007, 02:46 AM

I can vouche for the Prosport gauges. I have an electronic boost and EGT gauge. I like the self test sweep the needles do on the electronic gauges.
I have some pics in my CarDomain if you'd like to see.
I'm boosting at 21psi and there is one other that I know of boosting 25psi with them without issue or accuracy errors.

You can also get them from the Prosport site.
http://prosportgauges.com/Performanc...uges-Amber.htm
Here's what they look like now with the rings painted black.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:53 AM

Here's what inspired me to get them...my buddy with a black STi
Originally Posted by evossuck
so i finally got it wired up correctly!! :roll:

i guess the way i had it wired up before made the gauges actually red not "amber"...because if you look close the color didnt match the STi's dash...but now it does!!! also i got it wired up so that white is on during the day (due to them being smoked out and cant see them during the day) and its "amber" during the night...it took hours of testing but i finally found a wire that made it work...also i ghettoed some pretty badass test leads outta screwdrivers, wire and electrical tape!!

i didnt get done before nighttime so i dunno if the white helps out during the day yet...

heres some pics:

white:

amber:

***Notice in the amber pic that the headlights are on and in the white pic the headlights are off....

ill post up what its like during the day tomorrow...
I looked at them before I bought them and they are really easy to see during the day and night with the way they are lit up (white during the day and amber at night (or green/blue, whichever color gauges you get).

Old 04-02-2007, 04:41 AM

They look awesome... geez everything looks awesome on your avenger i blame YOU AND ONLY YOU for making me look at avengers or even think of a 2g with an avenger front bumper (i know it would look ricey.... but i seriously had a dream about it!) im gonna check out the glow**** ones and post a review here

Old 04-02-2007, 06:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Kaede.Noir

They look awesome... geez everything looks awesome on your avenger i blame YOU AND ONLY YOU for making me look at avengers or even think of a 2g with an avenger front bumper (i know it would look ricey.... but i seriously had a dream about it!) im gonna check out the glow**** ones and post a review here
Lol, thanks for the comment bud.
Did you know that someone with a Talon put an Avenger front end on? It's a blue Talon (painted). I tried to look for it on Talk, which is where I originally saw it, but I can't find it anymore. I think the old pics were removed along with the reformatting of the site and the guy just hasn't posted it back yet. It doesn't look that bad really, it's kind of along the lines of an Eclipse front end on an Avenger, just backwards, lol.

Here's some painted pics
http://www.teamasylumracing.com/Gall...nted/index.htm
...the site is kind of odd though because I couldn't view the entire pic because it was too big and there wasn't a scroll function. I guess the designer made it to fit on a higher resolution set screen and forgot about us 1024 guys, lol.
Let me see if I can find that Talon with the Avenger front end. Both conversions are "different". I don't know if either are ricey, but you know how it goes, some like it and some don't, lol.
Besides, now I have to find it, lol.

Quick Reply: Gauge Question