Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Gauge Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 06:37 AM
Default RE: Gauge Question

well you know TECHNICALLY it isnt really ricey since both are stock bumpers... the thing is i've always fancied the viper and some dodge fron ends... dont get me wrong i LOVE the eclipse and way more stock, but my front bumper is crushed thnx to the old owner and i dunno why it came to mind that both cars being so similar might share the bumper with an easy convertion... so i was jw, and lemme say that that "Eclenger" as they call it there looks mad nice seriously... I'll try to look for it as well and see if i can find something similar the only thing is that it would miss the eclipse logo on the nose XD (which if you look closely seems like it has the same downwards angle as the eclipse stock bumper, not so sure bout the headlights though)

Old 04-02-2007, 07:10 AM

Ha, I beat you to it, lol

Except for the LP, I think this actually looks better than the Eclipse front end on an Avenger/Sebring!

Old 04-02-2007, 07:21 AM

Whoa it looks gorgeous!!!! and wtf with the taillights?!! i swear to god i was thinking about black tailights last nite (i hate altezza) i even photoshopped a pic of my babe... i wonder if thats tint or if its some kind of cover.... it really looks nice, and IMO it doesnt look ricey (but im sure someone is gonna flame it in less than 4 hours haha) Im not into the ricyness but im very custom about my stuff and i want something to stand out but isnt way out of the line (or includes bondo whatsofreakingever)Name:  Dream.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  47.1 KB And yes if theyre ever black the letters stay there

Old 04-02-2007, 08:00 AM

To steer us back on topic (guilty)...
You'll like those gauges GotBoost. I'm sure the Defi gauges are GREAT, but there's only a certain amount of $ to accuracy I'm willing to pay for. There are a lot of gauges that are accurate and I don't feel the need to link all of them together.
If I hadn't been introduced to these, I would have gone with plain old VDO gauges, just to have the stock look...I'm not very flashy if you hadn't noticed, lol. I like the walk softly but carry a big stick, saying.

Again, during the day they are still easy to see. I used to have AC Autotechnic's Invision S7s and they were hard to see during the day because they were lit with very weak lighting and glared with sunlight on them.
Even with the sun on the Prosports, there's no glare, it actually helps since the light goes right through the smoked lenses. You won't regret getting them. Just make sure to post pics of them installed

Old 04-02-2007, 10:52 AM

prosports look good. they look like DEFI. DEFI's are not as good as every claim. The boost gauges are not accurate. they read 2-4 PSI higher than what really are running

Old 04-02-2007, 11:25 AM

I forgot to put a daytime pic of my buddy's car, so here it is.

They match perfectly with STi too.

I forgot to add, that they are much clearer than what you see here during the day. You'll be able to see the needles and numbers without worry.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:29 PM

thanks everybody for all the help, i have decide that those are what i'll buy, which are the boost, egt and oil pressure. the only thing I looked at the site and all the boost gauges are mechanical, only one boost guage was electric and it wasnt the same as the ones i wanted, it was 60mm not 52. Am im missing a part of the page or something??

Old 04-02-2007, 07:26 PM

Im gonna order them right now and silvercoupe97 dont worry man, i'll have pics up as soon as i do the install. I'm gonna order them today, so I figure that by next week i should have everything. Im ordering the a-piller from lancershop the one with the tweeder cut out in it. But thanks again for all you guys helping me out, you guys are the best here, this is why i love coming to this site.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:42 PM

For the Prosport site, it's a little confusing at first, but once you click the "amber/white" gauges you'll need to scroll down. It got me the first time too, lol. The 60mm are actually their newer size, they carry the 52mm gauges too.
They have an electrical boost gauge too.I didn't see an electrical boost gauge in the original site though, I may have just missed it though.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:52 PM

ahhhhh, i kinda ordered it already and it said it was the mechanical one. Is that ok??

Quick Reply: Gauge Question