Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

happy day for an EVO

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Default happy day for an EVO

hey guys, i know Emonz knows about my buddy with his 03 EVO VIII but i don't know if anybody else does. Well, my friend bought his EVO in September, he basically just bought it to have one b/c he already had a 350whp+ SRT-4. Well after a new clutch, intake, turbo back exhaust, and boost controller he started to become careless. He would rev up to 7k or even the rev limiter and just dump it and call that an awd launch (even though it bogged terribly), when in a race he would rev up and dump the cluch jerking the car quite violently and putting a lot of stress on the car after the 3rd honk... basically just not respecting his car. Well he told me yesterday that he was going to be getting rid of it. I got a smile from ear to ear because 1 given the rigth amount of time he was either going to crack his trani casing or snap an axel OR do worse. and 2 if he trades it in bone stock i can probably pick that EVO up for about 12-13k with my trade in . just thought the EVO guys on here would like to hear the story about how an EVO was saved from a terrible driver .

Old 02-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Default RE: happy day for an EVO

BUY ITTTTT you must drive an Evo

Old 02-26-2007, 05:32 PM

for 13k, it's not bad at all, just be prepared to spend money on parts that he may have destroyed. If he was that horrible of a driver, chances are, their's alot of wear and tear.Never the less, if your a true enthusiast of the evo, buy it.

You figure you pour about 2k in replacement parts, install them yourself, (if it's the case) and have a perfectly running evo for 15k. That's awesome!
i wish you the best

Gus

Old 02-26-2007, 05:45 PM

Hey !!!!!
Tell him I'll give him $22,000 for it. I got enought parts in my garage to totally rebuild it.

Just kidding, I just wanted to get you worried

How far is Myrtle Beach away from where you live?

Old 02-26-2007, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: F.O.G.

Hey !!!!!
Tell him I'll give him $22,000 for it. I got enought parts in my garage to totally rebuild it.

Just kidding, I just wanted to get you worried

How far is Myrtle Beach away from where you live?
you totally couldtoo kinda sad lol. you almost have 2 Evos by now since spare parts are taking over your garage

Old 02-27-2007, 03:38 PM

very funny F.O.G, not worrying me actually gettin my hopes up for him... he'd probably do it b/c i think the dealership was only gonna give him 20 for it. Emonz... you just won't let up lol i don't wanna get into it again... i'm tired lol

Old 02-27-2007, 05:37 PM

DAMN IT!!!between my friend getting rid of his EVO, this new chick i'm talking to that thinks i should get one, Emonz, and my friend who just got intake, turbo back exhaust, cams and tuning running a 7.7 in the 1/8th. . . i think i really want an EVO IX again. . . DAMMMMMMNNNNNN DAMMMMMNNNNNN DAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNN IT

Old 02-27-2007, 07:11 PM

Listen to you heart thats what I do LMAO

dude im telling you the Evo is an unregretable innvestment, DSMs alot of time end up beingthe opposite in alot of cases (ask John)

Old 02-28-2007, 10:48 AM

[sm=boohoo.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=youreright.gif][sm=boohoo.gif] this is all how i feel!!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: EMonz57
DSMs alot of time end up beingthe opposite in alot of cases (ask John)
well i wont say it was totally regretable. Lets just call it "A learning experience"

Quick Reply: happy day for an EVO