Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

how to reach 11s

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 05:51 AM
Default how to reach 11s

hello DSM fans, my names gus, and I'm a master technician, and a professional licence dial in driver at morroso speed way down in here in Florida. I own a performance shop called MP automotive in miami so email me and come check it out. I'm new to the forum, it was being used by an employee of mine who purchased an evo, that we planned to have modified for the track. I was facinated by the evo, just about the only four banger i approve of, so we set out to find the quickest way to hit 11's, and still be safe about it. here is what we found.....

now i'm not trying to be "cool" by giving out false information. this can be proven by following the modification provided. i have the time sheets to prove it and pictures of the modifications if you really need proof.
Anyway, i suggest this set up to everyone looking for fast power, and dont be discouraged if you do these things and hit low 12s. remember driving is very important, but practice also makes perfect...here we go...

Modifications..

Self made manual boost controller (after markets boost controllers will work just fine, i just trust my boost controller more)
FLASH (jestrtunning)
Pro line exhaust 3 " all the way back, including downpipe (none of that Greddy or HKs fancy stuff, when you've been in the game long enough you realise brands dont mean anything)
255 walboro fuel pump.

thats it....

i ran a 12 .2 the first run
12.00 flat
and finally 11.7

so in essence it doesnt take much. infact not much at all. comparing how hard it takes other cars to hit 11's. I dont know how long the clutch will last, i'm sure we'll have to change that soon.
anyway i hope you guys enjoy my research and put it to good use. if you guys have any questions at all please ask. doesnt need to be about the evo either. my specialty is american muscle. so ask away.

well thanks for your time everyone
Gus

Old 02-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Default RE: how to reach 11s

Hi Gus. Thanks for the research. I've got a bunch of EVO buddies and I can agree that it only takes a few right modifications to get an EVO going faster, although, since our track closed down, I don't think my friends will hit 11's just yet and most of them have more mods than that, lol.

It seems to me that reflashing the ECU with a stock setup, alone, helps a lot.

Thank you, thank you for not bashing the EVO, you being a muscle car enthusiast and all. I see it a lot and it just doesn't make sense...that's just me though.

I can agree about the brand name thing too. There's just too many things that are made by the same company but rebadged as another and most don't know or don't care enough to research it...oh well. More off brand but same quality for me

Old 02-05-2007, 10:56 AM

let me ask what year Evo is it, because that makes the difference since no way it is an 03 or an 04 both of those wont get 11s with those mods.

I gonna go on a limb and say youve got an 05

Old 02-05-2007, 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: ComposeEvo

hello DSM fans, my names gus, and I'm a master technician, and a professional licence dial in driver at morroso speed way down in here in Florida. I own a performance shop called MP automotive in miami so email me and come check it out. I'm new to the forum, it was being used by an employee of mine who purchased an evo, that we planned to have modified for the track. I was facinated by the evo, just about the only four banger i approve of, so we set out to find the quickest way to hit 11's, and still be safe about it.
What's up Gus? and welcome to mitsubishiforums.com!
That is one of the most impressive stories I’ve heard. I know how capable Evo's are so I don’t doubt you. I’ve just never heard of it doing that kind of time with just those few mods. That’s amazing! If u don’t mind, can u go into a bit more detail about the boost controller as far as how much pounds u ran, and also the ECU. And was this a 2005 Evo. And as silvercoupe97 said, thanks for not bashing the EVO, you being a muscle car enthusiast. I guess weather it’s imports or domestic, true enthusiasts always recognizes performance.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

let me ask what year Evo is it, because that makes the difference since no way it is an 03 or an 04 both of those wont get 11s with those mods.

I gonna go on a limb and say youve got an 05
I was thinking the same thing as i was reading, that its gotta be an 05+

Old 02-05-2007, 06:01 PM

indeed the evolution is an 05. thanks everyone for your replies.and i always give credit when credit is due. the evolution is a beautifully assembled car, its quick in responce, awesome on corners ( which my drag cars are not) and to my surprise quite damn comfortable. so much respect to everyone on this forum.(still i wouldnt trade it in for my z06) lol

anyway were going to dyno the car tommorow at my buddies shop and i'll be back to give you guys exactly what the cars, peak boost, at what rpms, and more specifications on the flash.i will post exact information, because i dont want to mislead anyone
thanks for the attention

Gus

if you have any question about anything. please contact me through email

Old 02-05-2007, 07:36 PM

Did you do a road flash with jestr? How much $$$$ are they for a custom flash? I lived in tampa but now live in Ma so Id need to do a mail in I guess but I want reliable power

Old 02-10-2007, 05:30 AM

the flash was done by a guy from jestr tunning, now working for bullet design. it was indeed a road flash, and yes emonz they do mail ins.. its runs a lot leaner, so I suggest a 255 f.p for peak boost at w.e you set it at. as far as the boost controller. I fabricated it my self.(from parts at homedepot) I set it to 23 pounds which it spikes when you reach about 4.7 .
the rev limiter is pushed back further also. so that you may launch at 5.5 . as for reliabilty, I find it to be quite reliable. its a safe lean, and doesn't jepeordise engine components. 280 cossworths are going in by tommorow, and were going back to my buddies dyno to properly tune them. well see what it runs with them.....if you do this flash, I highly suggest new tires too. cheap tires will spin first gear. and it forces you to ride the clutch alittle more. I had 4 mickies when I launched so it didn't matter..but the first run. was done on dunlop replacment tires. and it was horrible. so with good. soft grain tires you should be fine... anyway. goodloock everyone..and please let me know how it goes with your evos!

gus

emonz. let me know if you want their number. see what you can work out

Old 02-24-2007, 12:19 AM

Compose, can you post the dyno after you install your set of Cosworth Cams?

Old 02-24-2007, 11:39 AM

That is impressive. Just a word of caution. Don't be too discouraged if you can't run those numbers. In the first sentence he states " licensed professional driver". That has alot to do with it. I know the weakest link in my setup is in the drivers seat ( me ). My car, just like my golf clubs are alot more capable that the person running them. I'm hoping to change that with practice, practice, practice !!!!
Welcome to the forum Gus, and thanks for the info, especially in the driving suggestions thread.

Quick Reply: how to reach 11s