Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

how to reach 11s

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 07:26 AM
Default RE: how to reach 11s

sure thing extreme. i'll post the extact number in about a week or so, because right now the evos on a lift, were installing an act clutch. as soon as that's finished, were heading back to my buddies dyno and tunning the cams.
it shouldnt take more then a week, depending on how fast i can get rid of some of the cars in the shop.

ill keep you posted.

do you have cossworths? how much hp did you gain? so i can have an idea.

Gus

Old 02-25-2007, 07:27 PM

ComposeEvo, Unfortunately Ididn't dyno my Evo before or after installing the Cosworth Cams. My butt dyno tells me there is more power and WORKS claims 20hp - 35hp but I would still like to hear from others as there aren't many Evo's around with Cosworth Cams installed and dynoed yet. How did the ACT clutch install go...mine took forever!!

Old 02-25-2007, 09:47 PM

Hey xtreme. I noticed you ran a 12.5, would you mind sharing your 60 ft and trap speeds with us. Im just curious

Old 02-26-2007, 05:24 AM

lol. were done with the act clutch, we finished it today, it was a pain, but ive had worse. Now all we have to do is finish some cars at the shop and we'll have some time off for the dyno.280 cams are alittle harder to tune, but i'll get it running right. i plan to make atleast a 25 hp gain on his car.

I see you run a 12.52, that's fanstatic. i was also curious like emonz to know what did you run on your short (60ft) and final mph. just to know if maybe you could have squeesed some more time out of it. What i recommend is to upgrade your fuel pump, and make your own boost controller, at about 23psi, you should be able to shave that time down jurastically.( use 110 octane when you run on the track. just to be safe, because your leaning out the engine when you flash it)

you could go with an aftermarket B.C but i find the self made one more reliable.
let me know how it goes, and i'll have those dyno reports as soon as i can

Gus

Old 02-26-2007, 08:11 AM

He doesnt need to run 110 or 116 if he doesnt want to. A flash isnt ungodly lean he is only at about an 11.1 AFR that is fine for 93 or 91 and his flash controlls the boost but its only at like 21PSI I bet. either way I gonna go out on a limb and say he prob. should have done better than a 12.5 with his mods since mod IX's are getting that on cat backs and a flash that is why I am curious to see his 60ft. im thinking his 60fts will be like 1.9-2.0ish range and his traps will be like 115 or something

Old 02-26-2007, 05:26 PM

i doubt his trap was at a 115, being as though all your time is made at the launch in an evo, it's rare to see that high mph running a 12.5. Maybe if he spun his tires it could happen. If it is true, that your mph is that high, at 115, thats easily an 11 second car. or very low 12s depending on your style of driving.

as for the 110 octane, i always recommend it to everyone, in alot of cases it's not needed. but it's always safer when leaning out the engine.Even if it's minimal. you figure you do 5-7 full all gear passes on average at the track, it's for personal reassurance.

Gus

Old 02-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: ComposeEvo

i doubt his trap was at a 115, being as though all your time is made at the launch in an evo, it's rare to see that high mph running a 12.5. Maybe if he spun his tires it could happen. If it is true, that your mph is that high, at 115, thats easily an 11 second car. or very low 12s depending on your style of driving.
I thinkthat is what emonz was getting at is that the car should be running a low 12 to high 11 with the mods he has on it

Old 02-26-2007, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

I thinkthat is what emonz was getting at is that the car should be running a low 12 to high 11 with the mods he has on it
that is exactly what I am getting at. His car is running a 12.5 which is what most other IX's run with half of his mods. So I am assuming he 1) spun alot of 1st and 2nd or bogged or 2) had trouble shifting as alot of evos trannys tend to do.

his car should be easily a low 12 sec car IMO

Old 02-26-2007, 09:10 PM

lol. you just said, exactly what i was thinking, but didn't want to say because i figured it was too blunt. I know exactly your point emonz
I'm sure with practice, he'll make that evo run high 11's. just takes some time.
Gus

P.S let us know what your short was,and trap speed. maybe we can help you shorten that time alittle more.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:33 PM

lol. you just said, exactly what i was thinking, but didn't want to say because i figured it was too blunt. I know exactly your point emonz
I'm sure with practice, he'll make that evo run high 11's. just takes some time.
Gus

P.S let us know what your short was,and trap speed. maybe we can help you shorten that time alittle more.
as long as we are on the same page. Xtreme knows that I have no intention to be hard on him or down talk him fact of the matter is it could have been his first ever track run. personally I have never ran at the track and ill have it be known I dont think I would run my car to its full potencail either on my first day up there. I however do have fun practiing alot so we will see this season but I will need some real tires if I plan n running a 50trim turbo cause I know 1st and 2nd will have no traction if not

Quick Reply: how to reach 11s