Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

M3 or EVO9

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 06:16 AM
Default M3 or EVO9

im thinking on trading my 2004 M3 fo a evo 9,i love the M but its just to $$$$ to mod....if you could would you change anything like int. ext.be cool guys its my first post

Old 01-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Default RE: M3 or EVO9

the EVOs arnot cheap tp mod either but im sure they arnt as bad as an M3. I have an 03 EVO and wouldnt trade it for anything. if you drive an EVO9 youll want it. they are pretty fast. stock they hit a 12.89 already. my EVO stock runs 14.0 I have a MBC, custom intake, Turboback Exhaust ,SAFCII,AEM wideband o2, and greddy boost gauge. and I have spent all together around $900 and should be able to run it in the really low 13s now. with those mods on a IX your looking at 11s all day long. difference being the MIVEC and the 20G turbo vs the 16G in the earlier years

Old 01-17-2006, 02:57 PM

theres more JDM's here in the u.s. compare to euro's.... am' sure you'll get more stuff for the evo, in comparison to M3 series.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:32 PM

Mr //bimmer

By the virtue of your question which starts with "I am thinking of trading in my M3" I can tell that you have no clue !!! You have obviously have never driven 1 and you are still living in some euphoria that you are driving a real fast sports car that could be made better. NO My Friend ! You are driving a German Terd! It might get you some *****, but do you really want these kind of girls around you?!!!?
So here is the solution:
1. Drive quickly to your Mitsubishi dealer. (i know it will be difficult to do with your ride - that is the quickly bit)
2. Tell them "Give me an EVO9 please and take this heap of crap of my hands". and Dude go for the MR version.
3. Join the Evolutionm forum because from reading in this forum about EVOs you are wasting your time.

Now for a list of mods:
Get a 3" Turbo bach system (Magan racing, Buschur Racing, TurboXS or some other one, you can do some research for yourself)
Get an HKS air filter element only
Get some ECUTECH tuning
all up $3000 to $4000

Now through this thing into some corners and here you have it 400HP of shear grunt and the biggest smile you could have.

I used to b a V8 man myself and I have never looked back. The only thing I will not mess with on the road is another EVO or a BNR34

Old 01-20-2006, 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: IX_Wagone

Mr //bimmer

By the virtue of your question which starts with "I am thinking of trading in my M3" I can tell that you have no clue !!! You have obviously have never driven 1 and you are still living in some euphoria that you are driving a real fast sports car that could be made better. NO My Friend ! You are driving a German Terd! It might get you some *****, but do you really want these kind of girls around you?!!!?
So here is the solution:
1. Drive quickly to your Mitsubishi dealer. (i know it will be difficult to do with your ride - that is the quickly bit)
2. Tell them "Give me an EVO9 please and take this heap of crap of my hands". and Dude go for the MR version.
3. Join the Evolutionm forum because from reading in this forum about EVOs you are wasting your time.

Now for a list of mods:
Get a 3" Turbo bach system (Magan racing, Buschur Racing, TurboXS or some other one, you can do some research for yourself)
Get an HKS air filter element only
Get some ECUTECH tuning
all up $3000 to $4000

Now through this thing into some corners and here you have it 400HP of shear grunt and the biggest smile you could have.

I used to b a V8 man myself and I have never looked back. The only thing I will not mess with on the road is another EVO or a BNR34
absolutley right. EVOm is much better for the EVO research there are not many EVO owners here maybe 3 or 4 if that. im not sure about those mods coming to $3000-$4000 though. I have Megan turbo back, custom 3in intake, SAFCII which I tuned myself useing a AEM wideband o2 and I have a Greddy electric boost gauge. all together I paid about $1200 granted an EVO8 will only get around 300WHP with those mods but still will work on an EVO9 and get much more power since it has a 20G turbo stock and the MIVEC head

Old 01-21-2006, 03:15 AM

You see EMonz57, you had to ruin it, you had to get technical. Are you trying to scare away our M3 friend? you must understand that European car makers have no idea when trying to make a fast car, so in order to make their cars sound better they quote output in HP and in an unmeasurable quantity (which sounds a lot better) such as HP at the flywheel. This is specifically done in order to make the numbers look better on paper and increase sales. The Japanese car makers are quoting their power output in KW however also at the flywheel. This is done to be comparable with the Europeans but also not to scare the authorities and get these cars banned.

These simple mods that I have listed will get you around 400HP at the flywheel, in fact I have a dyno sheet of my mate's EVO8 that shows 333WHP (at 4 wheels) up from a base run of 264WHP. Not bad ha? as for the price, I do apologise as I was quoting in the local NZ$ and not in US$. Anyway the point was that the EVO can be the cheapest car to modify, if you wanted to get an extra 70HP from the M3 you will need to:

1. Remove and Port the head

2. install new camshafts valves and springs.

3. large throttle body & high flow MAF sensor.

4. New high flow intake.

5. Set of extractors

6. High flow exhaust system

7. New ECU or chip upgrade

8. Very long Dyno Session

9. New clutch

Do you think we are far away from $15,000? and can you guaranty 70HP for all these mods?

Well if you spent $15K on an EVO, we are talking major Voorooooooooom (maybe in the region of 500WHP).

checkout project EVO9 on EvolutionM

[IMG]local://upfiles/6482/D52C0360EE2E40CFB1B0036EF272EDA9.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6482/DF26829A30D94B98B2AFD627DD71DD44.gif[/IMG]

Old 01-21-2006, 02:34 PM

thats awsome.... where are you from anyway? NZ new zeland? (spelling is wrong im sure)

Old 01-21-2006, 06:50 PM

Yes Im from New Zealand (here is the right spelling for you) and unlike many here I like America and also a supporter of George W cos he is the man. Here in NZ it is the best place to modify cars because there are no emission laws and as long as your mods are certified by an engineer it OK. As well in NZ you can import second hand cars, so there are a lot of EVO's that come to the country like V VI and VII's from Japan and are selling dead cheap and some are even modified.
As you may have understood from my calling name I have an EVO IX Wagon. I bought it from a Mitsi Dealer who had to buy it new in Japan and bring it here as a used car, although it only has 10KM on the clock. This is the most wicked thing I have ever driven and I think it looks much better than the sedan. The car is Jap Spec and it has 216KW and 407NM or in your measurements 290HP and 300ftlbs MIVAC engine. It has the 6-Spd tranny but check this out no Super AYC (to annoy you).

[IMG]local://upfiles/6482/40F0325F12DD4C069639EFC95B0E385C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6482/C735EDA6596F42A3A137B3A6A30D9B3B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-24-2006, 03:38 PM

those are sweet little sleeper wagons. we dont get those here. not sure if id buy one since I like mine as it is and I am not a wagon kinda guy but if I needed a wagon id be all over that on LOL

Old 01-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Technically E_monz doesn't have any emissions to worry about either being in florida, he only has to worry about getting a ticket for no cat. As far as the George W. comment, i can only say your lucky you don't live here to have a president like this.

Quick Reply: M3 or EVO9