Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

more ECU questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Default more ECU questions

Hey what’s up guys, need some help understanding a few things. I did read a few old post's and also got some info.
I’m in the process of doing an ECU flash. I really don’t wanna go on the route with a manual or electronic boost controller with an AFC or other piggy back systems.
Which would you guys recommend, Works or Vishnu? My goal is to have the ECU in total control. Works uses a “boost hose assembly”, which is able to modify the wastegate solenoid ECU maps….what does this mean exactly?
And on the other hand Vishnu’s stage Zero (v330) uses a “Passive Boost Solenoid Emulator”. How does this passive emulator work?

Thanks

Old 08-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Default RE: more ECU questions

Mike21, I can't remember exactly how the Passive Boost Solenoid Emulator works butI do remember, through my research,it didn't allow the ECU to "completely" control the boost. The WORKS P2R flash and boost hose assembly is definitely the way to go if you want complete boost control through the ECU.

However, be aware the WORKS flash is more conservative than Vishnu, DynoFlash and other tuners mail in flash. WORKS goes for a smooth power curve and not so much peak numbers (better for daily driving). In the future, if you want more power, you'll have topurchase the Zeitronix wideband tuner and tweak their FLASH. ...this is what I did and I was able to extract another 22whp so far....

Old 08-07-2007, 01:42 AM

Yeah I've been looking into WORKS too, they definately sound a bit more realiable. The P2R is part of their "Works Racing Program" and they also got a P2 flash. Is the differencebetweenthem the two-stage rev limiter?

Old 08-07-2007, 08:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Mike21

Yeah I've been looking into WORKS too, they definately sound a bit more realiable. The P2R is part of their "Works Racing Program" and they also got a P2 flash. Is the differencebetweenthem the two-stage rev limiter?
If you have plans to eventually hook your laptop up to your Evo then two things; One, don't get the P2R because once you hook up your laptop you can change the rev limiter yourself. Two, get the P2 flash that doesn't use the ECUTek license (I believe it's the cheaper P2 flash) otherwise you won't be able to use your laptop to make changes to the a/f ratio, boost, or rev limiter.