Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

My 2008 EVO X GSR is in sick bay

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Default My 2008 EVO X GSR is in sick bay

Dropped it off at the dealer today with the "service engine soon" light going.

Dealer got two codes...

One is a temperature alert, and the other is a timing alert.

Dealer is super cool...gave me a loaner.

Mitsu says other Evo X's having same issue. Not too many out there yet.

Probably a program issue with the self-diagnostic systems.

If you all care, I will keep you updated.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Default RE: My 2008 EVO X GSR is in sick bay

can you post sum pics of it? and how does it drive compared to the evo VIII and evo IX?

Old 01-29-2008, 10:41 PM

I didn't take pics yet...too much fun driving it... Will take 'em when I get it back from the dealer.

Asfor the driving... It feels substantial. I never had a VIII or IX so I can't compare, but the car is not an econobox with a blaster under the hood. It is a real road machine.

I haven't thrashed the engine. Too new to push it above 4k or so.

The car is stunning in person. I park in a nice area at work, Spot # 1 is my boss's S600, #2 is his son's Gallardo. My Evo is in Spot #3 and #4 is the general counsel's new Jag XK. The evo sticks out, but as a work of art, holds its own.

The S600 is quicker and I dig the active seats. I never drove the Lambo, but I did drive his wife's Continental which was lovely, but less satisfying than the rowing the Evo.

I won't comment on the Jag because it is more about image than excitement, and doesn't claim otherwise.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:46 PM

damn, they don't even have them over here on the eastcoast yet that i'm aware of, 1st place is proly gunna be florida, which isn't gunna do me any good, but damn dude i wish I could afford one, this summer hopefully i'll be in an evo VIII or IX

Old 01-29-2008, 11:51 PM

Lonnyzone, congrats on the Evo X. Yeah, definately post pics when u get a chance to take some.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

wow, that didnt take long to start finding problems with them already, haha

Old 01-30-2008, 12:33 PM

what color did you get?

TE that's exactly what i was thinking. the IX is still winning over the X for my next car.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Banned

Me thinks there will be many recalls and TSBs for it lol

Old 01-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Default Arizona Evo X - Out of the shop

Hi All...

My GSR is red..just like the promo one used in all the mags. I will post pics, but frankly the car looks exactly like the one on the Mitsu website..

Two codes came up on the reader....P0830 and P1320. Has something to do with "coldstart" and "Camshaft timing sync."

They reset the computer and the codes went away. I drove home from the dealer and the light did not reappear.

They checked something called "Techline" and they left an open case for me incase I notice something/anything. The service writer chalked it up to a software glitch and cleared the codes.

I don't know if that means he reset the warnings, or if he removed the "tests" that identified the problem. The car is less than a week old, and giving me the tummy warbles.

Car drove/felt/sounded flawless on the way home from the dealer. The loaner they gave me wasa bigger 2007 Mitsu, which felt MUCH MUCH less substantial than the Evo. The Evo is built like a brick ****house. Every screw/bolt/panel is much stronger than it needs to be. I guess they kind of know that folks will be "creative" in customizing their cars, and wanted a bigger margin of error to handle the HP increases the wizards will discover.

So far so good. Still Happy.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Default RE: Arizona Evo X - Out of the shop

Car drove/felt/sounded flawless on the way home from the dealer. The loaner they gave me wasa bigger 2007 Mitsu, which felt MUCH MUCH less substantial than the Evo. The Evo is built like a brick ****house. Every screw/bolt/panel is much stronger than it needs to be. I guess they kind of know that folks will be "creative" in customizing their cars, and wanted a bigger margin of error to handle the HP increases the wizards will discover.
they built this car soo well and had such high hopes and made such a big deal about it b/c i think this car was suposed to be a HUUUUGGGGGEEEEE hit and hopefully boost their sales b/c i know while the VIII and IX were going onMitsu. was going through some TOUGH times. that's why i think they completely redid the EVO to look like an econobox w/ a wing and some hood vents, to appeal to people other than powerfreaks.

Quick Reply: My 2008 EVO X GSR is in sick bay