Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

need better suspencion

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Default need better suspencion

What’s up everyone? Need some help; I’ve been doing research on other sites and this forum and see that people use springs more than adjustable coilovers. I didn’t want to get springs because the suspension set-up that Evo’s come with already work great. I was goanna go for Tein’s type SS (super street) or maybe Tein’s base adjustable coilovers…...they are expensive. Would you guys recommend springs or adjustable coilovers for the Evo? I’m jus looking for a respectable gain in performance cause the car is also daily driven.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Default RE: need better suspencion

i put tein SS coilovers in my tsi awd and i love them

Old 09-27-2006, 12:15 AM

I am on Tein S tech springs nice agressive drop and handling is tight and much better (lots of fun)

Old 09-27-2006, 11:04 AM

Do u have any pics of your ride lowered? I've been told by a few people that once you use springs alone, the strut eventually gets damaged cause the spring doesn't use the entire length of the strut. Is there any truth in that statement whats so ever?
ORIGINAL: EMonz57

I am on Tein S tech springs nice agressive drop and handling is tight and much better (lots of fun)

Old 09-27-2006, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Mike21

Do u have any pics of your ride lowered? I've been told by a few people that once you use springs alone, the strut eventually gets damaged cause the spring doesn't use the entire length of the strut. Is there any truth in that statement whats so ever?
ORIGINAL: EMonz57

In most cars it will damage the strut but I am not sure on the EVO the suspension is a little better than most anyway. I dont think I have any good pics yet but maybe when I get out of work ill clean the car up and take a few today or tomorrow. It looks 1000000 times better lowered though

Old 09-28-2006, 08:00 PM

I've been doing more research and decided to make the sacrifice and go with adjustable coilovers. what u think about this set-up, or, has anyone had any experience with theese. http://www.modacar.com/products/Mits...+Coilover.html if the link doesn't work, this is the modle # OMNI-3006-11-ST

[/quote]
In most cars it will damage the strut but I am not sure on the EVO the suspension is a little better than most anyway. I dont think I have any good pics yet but maybe when I get out of work ill clean the car up and take a few today or tomorrow. It looks 1000000 times better lowered though
[/quote]

Old 09-28-2006, 10:38 PM

Here is my car with TEIN S tech springs

Bad camera so a little blury

Old 09-29-2006, 10:35 AM

WOW, It looks alot better. I'm guessing it handles way better as well too.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Mike21

WOW, It looks alot better. I'm guessing it handles way better as well too.
Handleing is insane. My tires have become my weakest point now. I was going like 65 on a tight on ramp with no body roll at all it was stuck on the inside of the corner untill it started to get sideways on me tires just couldnt keep up

Old 09-29-2006, 11:17 AM

Check these out. OMNI Power full coilover kit, only $700.00 it's for 03-05 Evo 8's modle #:
OMNI-FC22

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/o...kit/omni-fc22/

Quick Reply: need better suspencion