Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

newbie... looking for a cheap good evo. help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Default newbie... looking for a cheap good evo. help?

newbie here. I have an 05 mazda 6 v6 and i am an active member of 2 mazda forums. ive been trying to get an evo since 2005 but i havent been able to do so financially. ive been trying to sell my 6 since october and im justselling it for someone to take over payments, as you know, this bring me great loss (money wise). mazda 6 is a nice car. my car is so clean and nice and got some mods and i dont understand why i havent been able to sell it. last night i went to a mitsu dealer in my area to see if i could trade in my 6 and get an evo. they were giving me **** for my 6 and giving me a high price on the evo. i saw 2 evos. an 04 rs for about 26k with 52k miles but i got them to go down to 20k. CEL was on and it had a wierd problem that the guy said was normal. looking from behind you could see more of the right tire than the left. i didnt believe it. then i decided not to get that car cuz of high mileage and... its an rs. then he took me to see a used 06 IX evo. had like 12k miles and was selling it for about 28k. ended up not buying anything because of high prices... keep in mind im 20 and married and going to the marines soon. the evo has been my obsession since i was in senior year high school. i can pay for one but i have no credit and it would have to be under my dad's credit.... so he has to be "pleased" with my buy. do you guys know of an evo (preferrably an 04 or newer) that is cheap, low miles, reliable and preferrably not an rs? Im in salt lake city, Utah, USA. please help me get one if you know of 1. thnx for your support. feel free to email me. saavedraboy15@hotmail.com

Old 04-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Default RE: newbie... looking for a cheap good evo. help?

Hey... Sorry to bring you bad news but it is almost impossible to find an evo for anything lower than $18,000. You'd be lucky if you find it at that. Average prices for a used evo are $24,000 to 32,000.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:47 PM

yeah... i wasnt really looking for one for 18k, i was thinking a good, low-mileage evo within the 20k-24k range. again. maybe 04+. thank you for the help anyway. i just wanted to know if any one had seen one cuz ive looked on autotrader.com and also local listings and theyre too expensive and a lot of miles.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: pmpmzd6

yeah... i wasnt really looking for one for 18k, i was thinking a good, low-mileage evo within the 20k-24k range. again. maybe 04+. thank you for the help anyway. i just wanted to know if any one had seen one cuz ive looked on autotrader.com and also local listings and theyre too expensive and a lot of miles.
good luck but prob not going to happen at that price. I paid $22k for my 03 almost 2 years ago and it only had 12000 miles on it. the thing was all stock and barely used so I got a monster deal. ill admit that RS with 52k on it shuld sell for ALOT LESS THAN $26k. since the RS brand new was only $28k and that thing has alot of miles on it. I would expect to pay around like $21k for that.

your ost likly not going to see EVOs much cheaper than $21k unless your lucky. I was really really lucky to get my price for the miles my car had. and that was only because I played the dealer

Old 04-06-2007, 07:01 PM

would you mind giving me some tips on "playing the dealer" there's this one i saw for 22,995. pretty clean. black 04 with 21k miles. intake and after marke BOV. the problem is that i owe 18k on my 6 and i know my car isnt gon sell for that much so whatever is left will carry over to the loan for the evo. making the loan bigger. ya kno? so its kinda hard. thats why im trying to get a cheap one so that its not that big of a loan. i heard that 03's are not as good as 04's... obviously im a noob so i wouldnt know why.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:03 PM

what do you guys think about a salvage one and just rebuilding it?

Old 04-06-2007, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: pmpmzd6

would you mind giving me some tips on "playing the dealer" there's this one i saw for 22,995. pretty clean. black 04 with 21k miles. intake and after marke BOV. the problem is that i owe 18k on my 6 and i know my car isnt gon sell for that much so whatever is left will carry over to the loan for the evo. making the loan bigger. ya kno? so its kinda hard. thats why im trying to get a cheap one so that its not that big of a loan. i heard that 03's are not as good as 04's... obviously im a noob so i wouldnt know why.
the 03s and 04s are the same. only difference is the RS came out in 04. how much did the dealer offer you for your car? here is what happend to me. I had a 2002 Eclipse Spyder GT I bought in oct 2004 for $16000. 6 months later I go to a dealer with the black 03 Evo with 11,991 miles on it. they offer me $12k for my eclipse and the Evo was priced at $26995. So $30000 when all was said and done. I went back home looked around online for other evos. found another dealer with a red 03 and 2,559 miles on it priced at $21995, so I printed the add and called and it had sold the day before. I put my eclipse back to stock. went back to the black 03 and said "look I took all of the parts off the car , you told me it would help out so what can you do" they came back and told me they would give me and extra $1000 so $1300 on my trade and I owed like $15100 still not to bad I guess. Then we sat to talk business. I said look here is the deal. 180 miles away from here is this red one at a mitsu dealer it is priced much better either work with me to match the price or im taking my busniess to them. 2 minutes later the guy came back and said ok well match the price $21995. Ok now lets talk rates. they were trying to give me a loan with a 6.9% rate (all depends on Cr score) thought for a while then they came back and said well we can use our credit union , which we dont do often and get a little lower rate. I went home with a 3.9% rate. and put down $2000 that was left over on my eclipse loan so I financed only $21,995.

oh and DO NOT BUY a wrecked Evo or salvaged one that is not a good idea

here read this it will show the differences oh all year Evos in the US https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_112700/tm.htm

and read the FAQs you gain alot of knowledge https://mitsubishiforum.com/forumid_...smode_1/tt.htm

Old 04-06-2007, 07:25 PM

wow, that is a killer deal... are you onthe east coast? maybe cars are cheaper overthere... i did try telling them about the black evo that i saw but they couldnt care less. i thought these guys were really unprofessional. I know about some rules here that dont let you talk crap about a dealer or company so ill keep it to myself. i owe 18k on my mazda6. its got around 22,500 miles. v6, upgraded HID's, AEM intake, painted engine cover, super bright interior LED lights and lightweight black on chrome rims. car is silver. the dealer was giving me 11k on it. which is like 3k under what kellybluebook told me to sell it for.so i told them and they raised it to 14k. and i got them to get the rs evo down to 20k but like i said, i know there was something wrong with it, they were acting kinda shady about it. the CEL was on and they told me it was the after market exhaust. which i looked at and it look stock but ok. it did sound louder. but anyway..... i decided not to buy it. thank you so much for helpin a possible future evo owner. i just dont know why the mazda isnt selling.. its one of the hottest cars and best well kept. and im loosing the money from the downpayment, trade in and parts... about 4k... and im only asking to take the payments over... no gain... only loss. ya know? aaarrggh... just frustrated.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:32 PM

yea i was in Florida when I bought mine. Just so you know that Evo prob did have exhaust bucshurs exhaust looks stock its kinda ugly... if the car was loud it was not stock. and if the CEL was on it had no cat I bet anything there was nothing wrong with that car. The Evos are very well build only main problems are stock clutch and tires wear easily ect ect just read teh FAQs youll learn all about the car

Old 04-06-2007, 07:47 PM

i know a bit about the car... the thing i was saying about the bumper is ... think of it this way... when you replace a tire and you havent bolted it on... do you see how the tire sticks out? like on one side its too far into the car but on the other side its sticking out? its like the tire is turning left.... (theright tire) theleft one seems fine... i really dont know how to explain it. im thinkin this cas was in an accident. but thanx for telling me the evo is a well built car. thank you again.

Quick Reply: newbie... looking for a cheap good evo. help?