Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

question about buying

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Default question about buying

ok i found a 2003 Lancer Evo with 21k miles on it
the price for it is $10,300 it has AWD and about 271 horses
so i was wondering if this is a good price
the car in all of the pics looks great and it looks like it is in great condition so i was just gonna ask for other peoples opinion

Old 07-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Default RE: question about buying

why dont you just wait for the evo 9 instead?? put down 10, and have your self a 9.....(brand spankin' new too)

Old 07-29-2005, 04:12 AM

an 03' Evo for 10k?????? is that a down payment or the ACTUAL price??? cuz **** I'd say buy it, its better than paying 30k for 1....best deal ne1 will ever see

Old 07-29-2005, 04:45 AM

If you got the funds I would pick that up in a minute but be wary of the seller. That is really cheap for a EVO VIII.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:13 PM

ITS A SCAM DO NOT fall for it, trust me I am an EVO owner I know what they sell for. with 21k on it it should still be in the $20k price range. I have delt with this stuff before when I was trying to buy a supra. Trust me honest to god its a scam. I bet its on auto trader right? the car is modded. I could prolly even find the real owner of the car on EVOm.net.

I had a guy trying to sell me a 97 supra for 10K this was the RSP supra(RSP=royal sapphire pearl-blue color) that is one of the most rare colors only 84 ever shipped to the states. and they were only made in this color in 97-98. I knew all this about the car and color so I contacted him. he claimed he was being sent to spain for the war and whatnot and that he was "Mute" couldnt speak. I was told the car was in washington DC and his wife was the only person allowed to get the car, said it was in some military embessy. I was like ok so I was trying to find a way to get ahold of this female. while doing that I ran the VIN# and found that the car was just regestered and titled in peurta Rico(spelling?) a month earlier. so I asked about it and never got a reponse back

Now a year later the car shows up again. so I email him its a new email addy. and a new guy with a different name and claiming the exact same story about spain being mute and the whole thing. So I emailed him back asking who the other guy was and why 2 people have he same car for same and the same story. and after that email not even an hour later he had it off and was no longer for sale.

JUST LOOK AWAY I GARENTEE its a scam

Old 07-30-2005, 07:09 PM

wonder why they sellin it for 10.....

Old 07-30-2005, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ITS A SCAM DO NOT fall for it, trust me I am an EVO owner I know what they sell for. with 21k on it it should still be in the $20k price range. I have delt with this stuff before when I was trying to buy a supra. Trust me honest to god its a scam. I bet its on auto trader right? the car is modded. I could prolly even find the real owner of the car on EVOm.net.

I had a guy trying to sell me a 97 supra for 10K this was the RSP supra(RSP=royal sapphire pearl-blue color) that is one of the most rare colors only 84 ever shipped to the states. and they were only made in this color in 97-98. I knew all this about the car and color so I contacted him. he claimed he was being sent to spain for the war and whatnot and that he was "Mute" couldnt speak. I was told the car was in washington DC and his wife was the only person allowed to get the car, said it was in some military embessy. I was like ok so I was trying to find a way to get ahold of this female. while doing that I ran the VIN# and found that the car was just regestered and titled in peurta Rico(spelling?) a month earlier. so I asked about it and never got a reponse back

Now a year later the car shows up again. so I email him its a new email addy. and a new guy with a different name and claiming the exact same story about spain being mute and the whole thing. So I emailed him back asking who the other guy was and why 2 people have he same car for same and the same story. and after that email not even an hour later he had it off and was no longer for sale.

JUST LOOK AWAY I GARENTEE its a scam
wow......2 diffrent people....w/ the same car. scammers...

Old 07-31-2005, 12:03 AM

Not even just the same car they had different email addys and different names. but other than that the story about spain and being "mute" was identicle.

TRUST ME THIS IS A SCAM. I paid $22K for my 03 with 12K on it and that was cheap, I eman the trade in for the car at 12K is $23,075. The private sell price is $26,135 for an EVO with 12K on the odo. I beat average price by $4,000. there are alot of EVOs I see for sale with 20k+ on the odo and still sell for $22k or more... most of the time more than that