Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

question for emonz

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Default question for emonz

I found oem gauges for my IX but came out of IX MR will it work with my car... gauges are boost, oil and voltage. He said doesn't have the sensors but has the wires and harness . I know the oil needs sensors but don't even know if the gauge is for a oil pressure or temp. any input will be apperciated

Old 07-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Default RE: question for emonz

Thye can work but I personally wouldnt get them. do wht you want but stock gauges are alright at best if they were in my car id just swap em out anyway as this guy is prob doing.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:49 PM

Are you saying its better to get an aftermarket one. They just too damn expensive in fact dont they work the same. I heard of defi is the best , vei, autometer and prosport are decenet. What is your opinion of the brandname of gauges? I just don't want to make a mistake
What do you think are the 3 most needed gauges coz the oem is boost, oil temp and voltage? I wonder where the wiring harness connect.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:11 AM

honestly the three most needed gauges in any boosted car are as follows.

Boost gauge - allows you to know exactly how many pound your boosting, when you go into vacum, when your begin spooling, and if your have turbo is performing correctly.

Air to fuel ratio - to know if your running too lean under high boost, too rich, or just plain stoich all the time.

and last Oil pressure- that's pretty self explanitory.

personally, aftermarket gauges are mostly for looks rather then a necessity.

But in my opinion, you should stick with the stock ones that come on the MR.

otherwise, defi sells good ones, expensive, but very acurate.

Gus

Old 07-17-2007, 01:06 PM

what kind of sensors do i need for the for the oem one? Where do i get it any ideas coz he only has the wiring harness? How accurate are this gauges? too many questions lol... thanks

Old 07-17-2007, 07:12 PM

I wouldnt get the OEM ones.. OEM guages are never accurate. Defi boost gauges are not accutate the boost gaugereads a few PSI to high actually but they are otherwise great gauges and look awsome. Compose is right that aftermarket is alot for look which is true but accuracy as well. I use AEM gauges in my Evo. The voltage gauge might as well be usless to you the oil gauge I assume is pressure but if its temp then ehh. the boost guage will be very helpfull but OEM gauges of any kind are usually not that great for accuracy.

Personally if I were you I would by a boost guage and some sort of a wideband o2 for now. both will be vry very helpful to start on the car with. As a matter of fact that is all I have in my car for guages and I have a bigger turbo and all.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:23 AM

absolutely, try keeping the gauges to a bare minumum. because in reality, you just need wideband, and boost gauge.
All the rest, is not NEEDED. unless ofcorse you like the aesthetical sence in having gauges.

Defi seemed very acurate when we dyno tuned my buddies evo, it was reading 24 pounds, and so was the computer. As oppose to the "phantom" gauge a customer had on a GSR civic hatchback., that gauge was reading too much boost.

But then again. no company is perfect, and are probable to make faulty products.

as far as looks, emonz is right, defi link gauges by FAR the best.

Gus

Old 07-18-2007, 09:22 PM

Some of us happen to like gauges [8D]

Old 07-21-2007, 07:14 AM

Hey is autometer or prosport a good brand? i learned that prosport is made in taiwan. Where are most of this gauges made from? Anyone has this brand on their car?

Old 07-22-2007, 02:14 PM

I have Dakota Digital gauges in my car with an AEM UEGO. My son has autometer cobalt gauges in his car. Both seem to work well.

Quick Reply: question for emonz