Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Question on Evolution VII

Old 10-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Default Question on Evolution VII

Did the Lancer Evolution VII ever come to the U.S.? I know the Evo VIII is here, but did the VII come before it here?

A guy is just having an argument with me and is hell bent on convincing me that the Evo VII came to the U.S. and I say it didn't, at least not to my knowledge. His proof is that it was in 2F2F - -"

Old 10-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Default RE: Question on Evolution VII

Uh, tell you're buddy he is wrong. The ONLY EVO VII's that came to the states were the 4 EVO's from 2fast 2furious. They had 4 cars. The EVO 7 that was used mainly and the 3 stunt double evo's. So no, they never went on sale here. I'm sure that somebody might have one shipped here since there are Skylines and stuff in Cali, but you can't buy a 7 here.

Old 10-07-2004, 02:54 PM

[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 10-07-2004, 08:19 PM

yea, i saw one on a trailer once, but it was a show car and was not street legal..........

Old 10-08-2004, 04:05 AM

2f2f was a good movie mind you, and the EVO VII looked awsome!!! I wanted one as soon as I saw it, the only troible is that down here people tend to get copys of cars from movies...so I didn't want to look like a tool.

Old 10-08-2004, 11:37 AM

Yeah, it was a good movie, but aren't we all forgetting the real stars of the movie?
I mean, tubo charged evo's and eclipse spyders are nice and all, but how about that
good old American MUSCLE? My favorite scene is the tag team race where Tyrese thought
his car was fast until the guy in the Challenger revved his hemi up and the whole car shook. Then when they launch, the challenger is like 10 cars ahead of the spyder.

Old 10-08-2004, 10:06 PM

yea, that was funny, but it just goes to show that when it comes down to it the one who isnt a chicken **** wins.......... not sayin i wouldnt have cut the wheel in that american muscle, although in a wreck, i think the american would have won over the import............

Old 10-13-2004, 11:36 AM

Yeah man, that Yanko Camaro has a good 3500+lbs. on it and is made of metal and solid like a tank. But I bet that camaro didn't have airbags though.

Old 10-15-2004, 12:46 PM

Actually, there are a few off-road only evo7's around the U.S. One of the Millen guys has one and ran pikes peak with it. Then a few SCCA members had one that they raced in stock class. Of course, they were brought over on the boat and weren't legal to drive on U.S. roads. I think there was one that was shipped over from either Denmark or Switzerland. The importance you ask???? It's Left Hand Drive!

Old 10-15-2004, 01:19 PM

I've seen pics of a left hand skyline. How awesome is that? I don't know if it was made like that(I doubt it) or if it was converted. But yeah, you can get evo VII's and Skylines and stuff shipped here, but it's a fortune to get it insured and tagged.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question on Evolution VII