Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Servicing my Evo

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Default Servicing my Evo

Need some advice, I usually follow the user manual for getting my car serviced. However, this time around, I’m not taking it to Mitsubishi, I got a mechanic I could trust. I’m at 40K miles right now but at 30K mikes, I skipped four things which was, “Change manual transaxle oil”, “Change transfer oil”, Check reserve tank fluid level for ACD”, and “Change rear axle oil with LSD”.
1. Is the manual transaxle oil the transmission fluid? If the answer is no then what is it?
2. What exactly is the transfer oil? Are they talking about one of the diff’s?
3. Is the rear axle oil the rear diff fluid? If no then what is it?
4. Now is there any of these things in which I would need a certified Mitsubishi mechanic to do? Or are these things fair game for a regular mechanic of my own choosing, especially with the “Check reserve tank fluid level for ACD” ?
Thanks,
if this was already discussed, I apologize. I did do a quick search and didn’t find anything on it.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Banned
Default RE: Servicing my Evo

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

All you need to make sure is that you use Mitsubshi fluids

Old 12-11-2007, 07:01 PM

First let me tell you.. You NEED to change you Tranny and T case oils every 6k or so you NEED to regaurdless what the manual calls for.

the first 3 quetions are a yes

However number 4 is a tricky one. because it is supposidly true that the ACD requires a specail "mistu" tool to bleed which youll need to do on changin the fluids

Use BG syncroshift II for the tranny and Mitsu LSD oil for the t case and rear diff

Old 12-12-2007, 04:39 AM

Ok cool, so this is the list I have so far. Let me know if anything is incorrect and/or what needs to be added as far as diff's.
· Transmission Fluid - BG syncroshift (II)
· Transfer case - GL5 SAE90 OEM Diaqueen Mitsubishi fluid
· Rear Differential - GL5 SAE90 OEM Diaqueen Mitsubishi fluid

Old 12-13-2007, 05:23 PM

Got one more qustion, on Lancershop.com, I found the GL5 SAE90 OEM Mitsu fluid for the Transer case and Rear Diff.
Would one Jug of that fluid be enough to cover both the T case and rear diff?
http://lancershop.com/customer/produ...=15&page=1

ORIGINAL: Mike21

Ok cool, so this is the list I have so far. Let me know if anything is incorrect and/or what needs to be added as far as diff's.
· Transmission Fluid - BG syncroshift (II)
· Transfer case - GL5 SAE90 OEM Diaqueen Mitsubishi fluid
· Rear Differential - GL5 SAE90 OEM Diaqueen Mitsubishi fluid

Old 12-13-2007, 10:53 PM

one jug will be more than enough. I think its enough to do them a couple times. they only require a tiny amount. something like .4 and .6 quarts or something like that I think it was

Old 12-13-2007, 11:45 PM

Thanx!

Old 12-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure if you already ordered it but i just saw this thread now. The cheapest place to order that stuff is mitsubishiparts.net here
http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catal...ction=575#1348

Old 12-18-2007, 04:25 AM

Thanks man, I'm ordering my stuff this weekend, I'll definately look ino that web site.

One of my friends who has done this stuff many time is goana assist me. I've never replaced any diff fluids before but it's looks and seems way to easy for me to be taking it to a shop.

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

Not sure if you already ordered it but i just saw this thread now. The cheapest place to order that stuff is mitsubishiparts.net here
http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catal...ction=575#1348

Old 12-18-2007, 07:33 AM

Be prepared the mitsu LSD oil smells awfull lol. and its just like an oil change except the gear oil is heavier and take longer

Quick Reply: Servicing my Evo