Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Turbo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:48 AM
Default RE: Turbo upgrade

Hey Emonz, what type of clutch do u have?

ORIGINAL: EMonz57
No problems at all. The drive and runs awsome. The 50trim is awsome. The only thing I dont like is that the clutch is tough to use some times in traffic and stuff and the car is rediculously loud and the Cams dont like letting the car idle when you come off the clutch without the gas. You need to burn up the clutch a little more in 1st gear

Old 09-18-2007, 07:26 AM

im on the exedy Twin HD

Old 12-01-2007, 08:22 PM

Okay, I just purchased the following parts and should be installing them in the nextfewweeks along with a 93 octane tune:

FP Green Turbo (upgraded actuator: 22psi - 30psi)
GSC S1 MIVEC Cams
Ported Exhaust Manifold
Ported O2 Housing
Walbro Fuel Pump
780cc Injectors
WORKS BOV
ARP Head Studs
3" downpipe
AMS Lower IC pipe

I'll post some pictures of the progress. Emonz, any advice you can give me for the install (tips to make things easier) would be appreciated.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:48 PM

head studs dont require to pull the entire head. I did anyway for a new OEM HG. The Cam sensor is britle be careful I broke mine off and had to replace it lol.

Not sure about your exact mods but you will want to get a FMIC at some point soon if you dont have one. and im sure you know the tune, weather or not your doing it yourself but you know. save for a meth kit and youll be set for some 450HP daily drive #. and be pretty close to having a high 10 sec car

Old 12-02-2007, 10:39 PM

Emonz, I am looking at intercoolers butI haven't found one that doesn't require you to permanently remove the under tray. I heard the AMS, Buschur Racing, and most others require the tray to be removed. You know of any where you can keep the under tray?

As for a meth kit I'm going to pass. Some of the tech guys I found on another Evo site are setting me up with switchable maps through ECU Flash, one for high octane (race gas)and one for low octane (pump gas). When I need the 450hp I'll put in race gas and switch to the higher mapby holding down my gas pedal for 30 seconds (car isn't running but the key is in on the 'On' position while doing this).

Old 12-03-2007, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

definetly do the 1 and 1 system for installing the arp head studs. Also make sure to purchase any and all gaskets that youll be needing. Also have small zip lock bags available to that you can put all the bolts and small stuff in and label so you know what everything went to. And you will need a torque wrench for the cam caps

Old 12-03-2007, 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

definetly do the 1 and 1 system for installing the arp head studs. Also make sure to purchase any and all gaskets that youll be needing. Also have small zip lock bags available to that you can put all the bolts and small stuff in and label so you know what everything went to. And you will need a torque wrench for the cam caps
as if that wasnt obvious considering he was planning head studs too, I doubt he is stupid enough to just toss the studs in withour properly tqing them down

Old 12-03-2007, 07:35 AM

oh an I went with a small RnR street core and it still requires the undertray to come out. to be honest its not a huge deal. It bothered me at first but eh its not so bad.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

yea thats right. Totally forgot about that

Old 12-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Banned

Damn mean to TE hahahaha Love it

Quick Reply: Turbo upgrade