Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

What type of oil do you guys use???

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Default What type of oil do you guys use???

Whats up again guys, I just would like to know what brand of oil you guys are using and the weight.....
I just got the oil changed on my car saturday and they put in Mobile 1 full synthetic 5w30..... is the the right oil?? I was looking in the manual and I think it said to run 10w30 mobile 1 full synthetic...... am I ok with the 5w30 or should I have 10W30 put in???

Old 09-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Default RE: What type of oil do you guys use???

I put whatever is on the cap, Mobile 1 Synthetic but I can't remember the weight it says to use. You're okay with 5-30w but some may say use 10-30w if you drive your car hard.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:33 PM

Thats what I figured. If I would have caught it sooner I would have told them 10w30, but jiffy lube said ohhhh, you need 5w30. Mayb they figured cause the weather is getting colder in chicago. But you said 5w30 would be fine right??? Will I lose any power with a thinner oil??? Or casue any damage with not being so thick?? Sorry for being parinoid I just dont wanna mess anything up.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: GotBoost

Thats what I figured. If I would have caught it sooner I would have told them 10w30, but jiffy lube said ohhhh, you need 5w30. Mayb they figured cause the weather is getting colder in chicago. But you said 5w30 would be fine right??? Will I lose any power with a thinner oil??? Or casue any damage with not being so thick?? Sorry for being parinoid I just dont wanna mess anything up.
should be fine... but lemme ask why juffy lube? and why not do it yourself save the money take 10 minutes and have no other hands touch your car. I went to jiffy lube once in my EVO and almost flipped when I saw them use a fram filter I maybe drive a week at most on that oil and filter before I changed it again

Old 09-05-2006, 09:52 PM

Well, I always use to change the oil on my other car but It got old fast, so I figured what the hell for twenty bucks more have someone else do it. Oh, why do you say drive only a week at the most on the oil?? What type of oil filter do you use??

Old 09-05-2006, 09:57 PM

Oh and I went to jiffy lube cause they are right by my house.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:26 PM

Sorry EMonz I think I misunderstood you, you were talking about when you went to jiffy lube, my bad. I thought you were saying for me to change my oil in a week

Old 09-05-2006, 10:32 PM

Fram oil filters or the worst they break down cause they are cardboard. and that is not good for your motor. I always use nothing but mobile one , I have a feeling they are doing something less if your oil is only $20 or so because synethetic oil is expensive since to do it my self cost around $30ish or so maybe more

Old 09-05-2006, 10:34 PM

I brought the oil to them, they just drained it and put a new filter on with the new oil, so I paid like 50 bucks for everything

Old 09-05-2006, 11:28 PM

ORIGINAL: GotBoost

I brought the oil to them, they just drained it and put a new filter on with the new oil, so I paid like 50 bucks for everything
you better make sure its not frame filter not many people like them I have never heard anything good about them and I know that is alot of what jiffy lube uses.

oh and when jiffy did my oil in my car they didnt tighten the drain plug all the way and I had an oil leak which pissed me off

Quick Reply: What type of oil do you guys use???