Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

whats better than an Evo

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:55 AM
Default RE: whats better than an Evo

Yeah personal opinions for the most part.

I still can't choose an alternative for the Evo. However, if I had to go with a more luxurious, spacious, comfortable, as well as performance oriented car, it would have to be the Audi A4. But for me nothing does the job better than the Evo. I won't even consider choosing a front wheel drive. I won't say the same for RWD casue I've never owned one. Who knows, maybe if I owned a rear drive car I would have been hooked but I guess I got bit by the Evo bug, and there's no cure for me.

An Audi A4 would make a nice daily driver though.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:01 AM

completely disagree.and for the record i love my 84 GSL-SE. great car. very reliable. never had to boost it even with 3 weeks of -40. drives very well in tonnes of snow.

as far as gas mileage, worse than a truck pulling a trailer.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:09 AM

Disagree with what?? rx7 being unreliable or A4 being a nice daily driver?

Old 09-16-2008, 07:15 AM

Dude dont come in here and try and argue that the rotary motor is reliable. It is not. you cant make power from them without 3mm seals and rebuilding the motor every 40k. I know these cars from personal experience. Not to mention a normal piston motor say that makesover 600HP on a t04r like the supra the RX7 is so ineffecient that it will make only like 520. They make alot less power than they should and still have no Tq. Not to mention they sound awful when they are modded. The FD is not very comfy either. it is for short times but there is not much room to move and relax. Plus if you havent ever sat in the driver seat of an FD then you need to, because you need to be like 5'9 to fit in the small car but like 6'3 to see over the Tall *** dashboard. The dash really sucks in that car you can not seemuch of the road and the steering wheel does not adjust

AS for the a4 I would stay away from that. lots of $$$$$ in repair bills lol. If you want luxo and sports car TRUST me and test drive a supra. It is by far the most comfy car I have ever driven that is a sports car and no offence gus it is more comfy than the vette ,well atleast the c5.The Term cobra is a great car as well but it is a ford hahaha. Id take a z06 over that probably

Old 09-16-2008, 08:31 PM

yeah, I've been doing a bit of research and the A4 cost quite a bit when it comes to repairs.
I would consider a supra but it seems a bit too big for me, literally. I’m 5”7 and the interior seems so spacious.
Normally that’s a good thing, and for you, I’m guessing you are taller and feel extremely comfortable in it.
For me, if I had to get a 2 door, I’d go with a S2000. I’d leave the supra for someone taller.
The Evo has quite a bit of room as well but it’s a 4 door and the Recaro seats do a good job keeping me in one spot.

As far as the rx7, I’ve heard that those burn oil, a lot. Never owned one but I had a good friend that thought his rx7 hated him.

For the Cobras and Vetts, both awsome cars but I got to stick with the Japaneese.......thats what I grew up on and understand the the best.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

For the small people. Go with an MR2

Old 09-17-2008, 07:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Mike21

yeah, I've been doing a bit of research and the A4 cost quite a bit when it comes to repairs.
I would consider a supra but it seems a bit too big for me, literally. I’m 5”7 and the interior seems so spacious.
Normally that’s a good thing, and for you, I’m guessing you are taller and feel extremely comfortable in it.
For me, if I had to get a 2 door, I’d go with a S2000. I’d leave the supra for someone taller.
The Evo has quite a bit of room as well but it’s a 4 door and the Recaro seats do a good job keeping me in one spot.

As far as the rx7, I’ve heard that those burn oil, a lot. Never owned one but I had a good friend that thought his rx7 hated him.

For the Cobras and Vetts, both awsome cars but I got to stick with the Japaneese.......thats what I grew up on and understand the the best.
RX do burn oil, alot of it. and you need to put additives in with the gas fill ups and change the oil every like 1500 if you want to try and stay reliable.

As for the supra. They are not huge cars man. They were built for the 5'4 japan drift racers lol. The passengers side has alot of room the drivers side is perfect. I am only 5'9-5'10 so I am not much taller. The best thing about the supra is the dash and its layout. it is a drivers car. everything is angled strongly at the driver so bad the in the passengers seat you can even see the climate controlls or radio. Also the gauges are so perfectly visable they are very big and right there in your face.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:26 PM

Yeah, the MR2 would be good pick as well.

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

For the small people. Go with an MR2

Old 09-17-2008, 02:34 PM

I got ya, don't have much friends with Supras but I'll have to check 'em out again. I do have a buddy with a 90" Skyline which is quite comfortable though.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:17 PM

There is only One car that can match the EVOs and We all know.

it is the Subaru WRX sti

Quick Reply: whats better than an Evo