Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

why did u buy an Evo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Default RE: why did u buy an Evo?

ORIGINAL: F.O.G.

This is a pretty funny story..... My son came home one night and told me they had one at the dealership. They also, would not let him within 50' of it. I am ( or used to be ) from the old motorhead school of road runners and hemi cuda's etc. So he dragged me to the dealer figuring they would let me take it for a test ride, which I did. I was so impressed with the car that I bought it that night. On the way home, my son way like " Hey dad thats awsome!!!!! You didnt even check with Mom first!!!!" [sm=oopssign.gif][sm=oopssign.gif][sm=oopssign.gif]. So the next day we picked it up and it was in the driveway when she got home from work. She came in and said" Hey thats a nice car, who's is it? " I was like Ummmmm OURS!!!!! So you can probably guess what happened next [sm=bicker.gif].
Actually, she didnt really mind. Shes the best..She did, however just place am order for her new Saturn Sky Redline. I guess I can't really complain. At least she ordered a TURBO!!!!!
Now that's a funny story! I can relate to that one, lol. Well, except for the wife getting a turbo car...instead we have a Dodge Grand Caravan. I can say that it's very roomy though, LMAO.

ORIGINAL: XTREME

I think the real question is why wouldn't an Evo be our choice? Hmmm....fast, fun, body style, boooost, affordability, warranty....did I mention fast??
One reason I can think of is that some folks really have a problem with 4 door performance cars. To them it's not really a performance car or that 4 doors and performance don't go together....pffft. I think it's funny personally. Performance is performance to me and I respect all, from old to new...it's all performance

Old 02-05-2007, 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: GotBoost

ORIGINAL: ComposeEvo

because their really easy to work on, as oppose to the sti, or most sports car for that matter.And their really fun on corners. I guess you just have to drive one to know why.

as for the v6 mustang on boost. i think you have your principles alittle mixed up. v6 mustangs are economy cars made for people who dont want to waste money on gas and performance. yet still want the body style.If you wanted to go fast, half built mustang gts, on boost, done correctly are a 10 second setup. but i'll let you do your homework.

Gus

what the hell?????? Did you even read what I posted??? Do you even know how many boosted v6 mustangs are out there???? Many people like in my case buy the v6 to get away from insurance prices, plus i couldnt afford the v8 at the time, just because you say are car is meant for one thing doesnt mean you cant do something else with it, plus the aftermarket parts for the v6 is huge. My mustang stock dyno'd at 140ish hp, but by the time I was done with it it made over 300hp to the wheels and around 320tq. Yeah it wasnt a v8 but I did what i could with the money that i had. But serioisly we were talking about our reasons for buying the evo, so why would you even make a remark like that?
He is saying basically buying a v6 mustang to mod is like buying a civic to mod. Theyare ment for economy more so than racing.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:47 PM

If thats the case then why is there a bunch of v6 mustangs out there ruuning 11 sec quatermiles and a ton more in the 12's and 13's. Yeah the car sucks *** stock, thats what its meant to do. You can make any car into a race car. My mustang ran low 13 sec quaters and if I ran slicks it would have done 12's. Like I said though earlier Im gald I traded in for the evo because its so much more fun to drive and has alot of potential. The whole point of this thread was to say why we bought our evos, I only brought up about my mustang because its the reason why I got the evo, because it had a bunch of costly problems that I didnt want to spend more money to fix it, it was just stupid to bring up that its a economy car blah blah blah. People say four cylinder cars are meant for economy too, yet we had a four cylinder turbo car that doesnt get that great of gas mileage, but gas mileage isnt why i bought it.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:50 PM

sorry I dont mean to get defensive about this, but he basically said im a stupidass for modding a v6 mustang, when its meant for economy. I guess the thousands of people that modded thier v6 cars like me are just stupid too.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:51 PM

If thats the case then why is there a bunch of v6 mustangs out there ruuning 11 sec quatermiles and a ton more in the 12's and 13's. Yeah the car sucks *** stock, thats what its meant to do. You can make any car into a race car. My mustang ran low 13 sec quaters and if I ran slicks it would have done 12's. Like I said though earlier Im gald I traded in for the evo because its so much more fun to drive and has alot of potential. The whole point of this thread was to say why we bought our evos, I only brought up about my mustang because its the reason why I got the evo, because it had a bunch of costly problems that I didnt want to spend more money to fix it, it was just stupid to bring up that its a economy car blah blah blah. People say four cylinder cars are meant for economy too, yet we had a four cylinder turbo car that doesnt get that great of gas mileage, but gas mileage isnt why i bought it.
I understand that. but honestly the same thing with hondas man. there are a ton that run fast times. but its not what they are made for. they are economy cars and were not intended to be modded origanally. Dont ever forget any car can be fast with the $$$ ya know

Old 02-05-2007, 10:57 PM

I know that, believe me i know that, maybe i shoud just stated that it was a v6 mustang when I made my post, then he would have never made his post.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:00 PM

the only thing I was trying to say in return to his post is what the hell did anything he say have to do with me trading in my car for the evo, who cares if it was a boosted mustang or stock.....again who cares, I was just telling how I got my car and why.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:15 PM

the only thing I was trying to say in return to his post is what the hell did anything he say have to do with me trading in my car for the evo, who cares if it was a boosted mustang or stock.....again who cares, I was just telling how I got my car and why.
I agree. I had a GS eclipse 3G that was waiting for us to install a turbo on. I had it all sitting here but never did it

Old 02-06-2007, 12:13 PM

That was all pretty cool and even funny responses. My reason for buying this car was somewhat simple. I grew up in the US Virgin Islands and the most obvious car you saw, well as u can imagine, the Honda Civic. Yeah that’s right, even in the Caribbean civics are popular. So anyway I figured I’d get one as soon as I could afford it. Then I moved to Illinois for college in 03 and fell in love with the Evo. I couldn’t afford it at the time but it was definitely love at first site. Even after its competitive rival, the STi arrived, the Evo was still number one. I was so impressed with the car, weather it’s going fast in a straight line, or taking tight corners, not to mention doing that in any weather conditions, the car truly delivers. And thanks to four doors, I always have the privilege to scare the crap out of friends. I just hope the X is as fun as the VIII & IX!

Old 02-06-2007, 03:35 PM

gotboost i really apoligise for my comment about your v6 mustang, i just thought it was funny that you would build a v6 mustang on boost. I should have kept my opinion to myself. it was quite unprofessional.

however you did go about justifying yourself , in replys afterwards. Also, mentioned that the market for v6 mustang is huge, and that it's almost ridiculous for me to question why youmodify av6 on boost?
that my friend is a very ignorant comment, if you knew the slightest thing about building cars you would know, who the hell cares if theirs a huge market for v6 mustang on boost? thats a rediculous comment, and in no way justified your point. the same goes with hondas, four banger economy cars, converted into 15 second so called sports cars. And the fact that you only got a car to put out 300 rwhp, for a fairly moderate v6 on boost, shows that, again your knowledge about building a fast car is very low. Being as though a turbo is meant to replace displacement to make small cylinder cars get more fuel consumption to compete with bigger size engines with out the weight, you figure you only have 300 rwhp? that bairly is competing with the gt? dumping money into a low compression economy v6 thatheads cant possibly take over 400 horse (mind you it's a v6) its really uncomprehendable. I've been doing this "street racing" thing for a much longer time, and i get paid for doing it at the track, believe me when this old dinosaur tells you something is useless.
I dont mean to sound unprofessional for even holding this conversation, let alone entertaining it, but since you further went on to explain yourself, i wasnt exactly going to stay quite. But again, this thread is about why customers buy evos, so lets not keep going on useless topics.

thanks for the time

Gus

and thanks emonz, atleast you understood what i was trying to get across.

Quick Reply: why did u buy an Evo?