Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Would anyone buy a upper plumm

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Default RE: Would anyone buy a upper plumm

I am not talking about you and your car. I am sure there some guys in the New York area that are building a car for the winter. If so, then maybe we can work something out. I have friends up here but no one really into building something that serious. But, you guys do not know me that well, so I will take this slow. I just want feedback on what everyone wants.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Banned

Strong transfer cases lol.

Old 12-17-2006, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Strong transfer cases lol.
EVOs like stronger Tcases so we can do a whole shot off the line

Old 12-17-2006, 09:35 PM

I will ask my friend to look into it. Maybe we can work something out for the spring. Tell me what is wrong with the case now. Beside it breaking.........More details, the better for me. By the way, I am an Elec/Mech Eng, and a shop owner.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Banned

They dont like huge loads. They cant take 7k launches.... and every EVO owner wants to dump the clutch at least a few times. Not sure as the technical aspect of what is 'wrong' with it. Its just weak in general... causing it to basically grenade all over the place.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

They dont like huge loads. They cant take 7k launches.... and every EVO owner wants to dump the clutch at least a few times. Not sure as the technical aspect of what is 'wrong' with it. Its just weak in general... causing it to basically grenade all over the place.
It actually is not weak. it is just alot of abuse on it when you dump the clutch. I dont dump my clutch. If you burn the clutch the TC will be fine but then you are dealing with a clutch replacment but atleast it is easier on the wallet than a TC. The thing than makes it so abusinve is that it has straight cut gears and when it gets the shock of a luanch it is not forgiven.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:59 AM

I going to gut my friend to look at it. Are there better parts available for the Tcase. If so where and how much.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:09 AM

Morning guys, I thought I would get more feed back on what they want & dont want. I did tell my friend in the tranny business about your problems and he will look into it. I hope everyone have a good Hoilday, and talk to everyone soon. Also, thanks for everything.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:18 PM

the 03-04 EVOs have no LSD which doesnt help much... I hear alot about the 2005 EVO RS has a better Tcase than the others but not sure on details

Old 12-23-2006, 05:03 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

I hear alot about the 2005 EVO RS has a better Tcase than the others but not sure on details
........now is that only about the 05 RS modlesor the straight 05 VIII's and MR's as well?

Quick Reply: Would anyone buy a upper plumm