Mitsubishi Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

Double Posts

Old 07-07-2005, 01:47 PM
pc
Default Double Posts

I know it's not all that easy looking after these posts but we need to stop these double posters who think that posting the same question on two different forums will get them a faster or better answer. Is there some way to either delete one or both of the posts?
Regards

Old 07-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Default RE: Double Posts

The reason for double posting is that people in the forum don't get answers by just one post in one forum. Plus you get a better variety of answers.

Old 07-07-2005, 10:36 PM
pc

When you think about it, double posting is very selfish. It's an attempt to get everyone running around in different directions to look after one persons request. The purpose of these forums is to bring people together as a community of exchange and learning. My observation has been that the double posters are looking for specific diagnostic solutions to a problem. Very few give much more information other than, "My car won't start". So posting on the Tech Forum and say the Eclipse Forum might draw in a variety of answers, but is that the best way to solve the problem. If the post was done on one forum where everyone could see everyone elses input it helps to narrow down the problem through discussion and working as a team. So let's look at, "My car won't start", and take your reason for posting on two forums to say 6 forums, the more input, the better and faster the answers, except no one is looking at each others answers. So the solutions come back as; "I had that same problem and I put in a new battery and it started", and, "I had that same problem and I put in a new fuel pump and it started", and "I had that same problem and I had my timing chain repaired and it started". So how does that help the person trying to solve his problem for fast and for cheap? And how does it help the people who are trying to learn and help when they have to hunt everywhere on the site trying to figure out what the final fix was, which by the way, we hardly hear about anyway. And if you want to take the Tech Forum at it's pure definition, it's for general tech issues, not vehicle specific. So here's my rule now, I'll search out the double posters and I won't answer at all.

Old 07-12-2005, 10:19 PM

yea, we should also get these guys who keep posting random articles that they think are 'interesting' when people could search for them themselves. It just makes it more difficult to dig through them and find actual questions