Mitsubishi Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

Website changes needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Default Website changes needed

Alright, let me begin by saying that I have gone to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh majoring in graphic design, am currently working as the Art Director for a nationwide advertising company and have been designing, coding and managing websites for about 6 years.

I read and participate in several other dsm sites as many of you probably do. I just recently began to visit Mitsubishi Forums and I will be dead honest, I am reading the others a lot less. Yes, there are other sites with A LOT more information, a lot more faqs and just flat out more people but for some reason, I'm here much more than I am at any other dsm site.

I say all that to say that there are some issues I have noticed, some serious and some just me being picky but because I am lazy I will just list them. They're not in any order.

1. The site does not properly save the cookies that store the login info, hence the reason you are always having to relogin ALL THE TIME. This is probably the biggest issue I think all of us have with the site. Something is not setup right and if you're not careful, you will find yourself wanting to hurt someone because every 5 seconds your having to login again. This is an easy fix.
2.The site times out and dies many, many times during a visit. I haven't taken the 5 seconds to check who is hosting the site, but whoever is paying for the hosting (if you are paying at all) needs to talk to them. I have many contacts with hosting companies that would host this site for next to nothing. Hosts that pride themselves in serving fast, responsive files.
3. Whoever designed the banner drives an evo and is very biased.
4. Who's idea was the purple?

Ok, the last two were just being picky. PLEASE if you're the one who setup the site, the one paying for the hosting company, or the hosting company PLEASE understand that I am saying all this to say that I would gladly help anyway that I can. Whether it be helping you get on a better host or help you redesign the website.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I wouldn't offer to do charity work if I didn't believe in the cause.

LATER

Old 12-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Default RE: Website changes needed

BUMP

Old 12-21-2006, 04:41 PM

1. the site is slow sometimes and wont work on enternet exploror.

2. why cant i copy and paste!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Old 12-21-2006, 09:40 PM

3. i cant use the arrow keys?

4. i cant click the smileys anymore.....makeing them no longer clickys

Old 12-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Banned

That is an issure with your own computer ^^^

As for what Echo said... i totally agree that stuff really gets on my nerves easily. I guess i have just learned to deal with it : )

Old 12-22-2006, 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

As for what Echo said... i totally agree that stuff really gets on my nerves easily. I guess i have just learned to deal with it : )
yup... althought yes this site is extremely slow most of the time

Old 12-23-2006, 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Yea, that has nothing to do with the site. Run some ad-aware or just throw your pc at your dsm and call it a day.

Old 12-23-2006, 06:53 PM

With the new firefox i havent been logged out once......my cookie for the log on info. saves correctly....It's just a whole lot better.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: jlh077464

With the new firefox i havent been logged out once......my cookie for the log on info. saves correctly....It's just a whole lot better.
Although I also have the latest version of Firefox and I am still logged out constantly, this shouldn't be based on the browser you are using. If so, it should be called firefoxforums.com

Old 12-23-2006, 11:25 PM

ok im sure its not just my computer but at first the few changes that have occured over the past few weeks irritated me. Once i get used to something, i like it to stay that way.lol. But yea there are some changes that need to be made. We need to bring more people to this site and help it grow.

Quick Reply: Website changes needed