Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

02 Dodge Stratus

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Default 02 Dodge Stratus

***SORRY, it's an 04, not 02***

Hey there

I know this isn't a Dodge forum, but I'm pretty sure the 2.4L 4G64 in the 02 dodge stratus is the same as the 2.4L 4G64 in the Galant. Hope I'm right.

Anyways, I have a few problems with this car and am seeking help and hopefully someone here can help me out.

The AC and PS pump are both run on the same belt off the crankshaft, but I don't have a belt connected. I just bought the car and it runs flawlessly and smooth, but no AC or PS. The previous owner said that the AC had seized and therefore he removed the belt. Now I'm not sure if the unit is actually seized or there is just no refrigerant in there, and he thought that it wasn't working because it wasn't blowing cold.

There is also moisture around the PS canister, and it looks like the hose going into the top of the canister is leaking and just needs to be tightened up. I'm going to do this and hopefully it will fix that problem, unless someone here knows about other issues these systems may have? And with the AC compressor? I'd hate to have to replace something that isn't broken.

Also, heat doesn't blow out of the driver side vents, but it blows fine out of the passenger side vents. I removed fuse #5 for a while (the defrost, 30A fuse) as I was told on another forum that this could potentially fix the problem with the DC motor not knowing it's limits and moving correctly. That didn't fix the problem, so it looks like I'm going to have to dig into the console and see what's going on in there for myself.

Any help would be appreciated with tricks or tips on what I can do before I play parts roulette. Going to pick up an AC manifold gauge set and a vacuum pump tomorrow just to have it around, and I'm doing all the work myself.

Thanks!

Last edited by CDNbakin; 01-19-2013 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Title