Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

02 Galant won't start

Old 12-21-2015, 02:51 PM
Default 02 Galant won't start

Hi Everyone

New to the forum and I'm needing help with my son's 02 Galant

He was driving at highway speed (and probably a few extra MPH, if I know him) but the top radiator flange split and blew the top hose off. As expected, the engine was sprayed with coolant so everything is a sticky mess.

We installed a new radiator and now it won't start. The engine cranks but I don't seem to have any spark. Haven't pulled the plugs for a visual of this but if I spray a spritz or two of starting fluid, there is no reaction as if it was firing

I've checked the fuses and all is good there. I don't see any evidence of the wiring being wet enough to short out

Should I find a used ECU and go that route? Any other suggestions? I don't want to put too much into this b/c with its condition, its time for my son to move onto something better.