Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

2002 Galant

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by BEAT
Okay. It must be the Fuel systems are clog.

Fuel Injected,Fuel filter etc etc all that must be check.

You already made a Major tune up on your car. Did you ever replace the oxygen sensors? if not that would cause the engine to misfire too

Check Fuel system and Oxygen sensors. YOU DO NOT NEED A NEW ENGINE as long the engine does not emit Black and white smoke or red.

For now as long the car does not stall on the road drive it. Buy a fuel additives that clean the fuel system it might help for a bit. ADD THIS BEFORE YOU HAVE A FULL TANK. try buying a different fuel brand. they might added water or a leak on the underground tank at the place you buy your fuel. I am just guessing but it might be the cause of the problem. The additives let the water evaporates faster on your fuel tank if it is contaminated.

Mitsubishi engine are durable as long you take care of them. my last Mitsu was 200,000 miles and I still traded it in for $1,500

You are basically just tuning your car for another 100,000 miles if you find that problem and solved it. your car will last another 100,000 miles

Thanks alot Beat!!!!! I have used BG 44k and am going to try some Techron. I sure hope she can get at least 50k on this engine. She doesnt drive a whole lot. Just needs to be durable. Has a tiny oil leak underneath but I think Im going to start running a straight 40 weight on it. What do u think of that idea?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:23 PM

Oil leak can be stop temporarily. it must be the oil pan gasket or oil seal. those 2 are the major problems for oil leak. Again you can buy those at Pep Boys or Autozone. Engine oil leak stop I think its called.

try anything that is good for the car. remember you are fixing it not abusing it.
so any fix you do on that car its better for that car in the long ran.
Sometimes I wonder when I do something on my car it tends to ran better. my car likes it
just like buying your gf jewelries but its a car.

good luck and your welcome.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:39 PM

Oil leak can be stop temporarily. it must be the oil pan gasket or oil seal. those 2 are the major problems for oil leak. Again you can buy those at Pep Boys or Autozone. Engine oil leak stop I think its called.

try anything that is good for the car. remember you are fixing it not abusing it.
so any fix you do on that car its better for that car in the long ran.
Sometimes I wonder when I do something on my car it tends to ran better. my car likes it
just like buying your gf jewelries but its a car.

good luck and your welcome.
All good ideas. I was hoping fixing the upper intake and valve covers the leak would slow down but its still just leaking. it sucks bc its only like 2 drops per day. I just dont want the headache. My brother has been doing all the work on it for free so its been a blessing. We just did 2 motor mounts last night. Im gonna get some Zmax and some techron today and try. I hear Zmax actually helps a little. Our company Sonic actually has ownreship in it so we have some laying around

Old 07-10-2009, 02:21 PM

Zmax is used by Shelby.

God you did a lot for that car. GOODLUCK

Old 07-10-2009, 02:44 PM

Zmax is used by Shelby.

God you did a lot for that car. GOODLUCK
Girlfriend has crap credit. She couldnt afford much. We paid 1500 for it. We knew going in that it had problems with the semi low miles I thought it would be ok

Old 07-10-2009, 04:09 PM

One more question Beat. Ive got a bank 1 o2 sensor code. Do you know hwich 02 that is? I believe its the rear. Ive heard A LOT of people tell me that if an o2 is nasty it can cause some damage

Old 07-27-2009, 10:35 PM

there ia a pcm reflash available for that car, for that particular code. have to take it in to the dealer for this. takes about 10 minutes. dont remember if it was 01 or 02 but in the T.S.B some years you have to replace the plugs with a particular model of ngk plugs and also replace the thermostate. dont have access to mitsubishi dealer link at home, but websites like mitchell.com or alldata.com have them on there websites.