Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

2003 Galant A/C drain hose

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Default 2003 Galant A/C drain hose

Help!! Can someone please let me know where the drain hose and/or plug is located on a Mistubishi Galant 2003. The floorboard in the back and front of the drivers side keeps getting flooded. From research and just talking to people they say this is common in the "01", "02", and "03" model. I've only received one estimate. That estimate is going to cost me $500.00 that I don't have.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:25 PM

I don't know its location but I did some digging on google and found this solution:

"The easiest way is to find the end of the hose where it drips out to the ground. Put the car on a rack or jack it up and secure it with jack stands so you can have room to look around really good using a good flashlight. Your looking for a rubber hose coming from the firewall area on the passenger side. It may be hidden by the frame of the car so look around good. If you find it, use compressed air to blow through it."

I'm not sure if the guy that wrote it was talking about left hand drive or right hand drive, I'm guessing since your drivers side is flooding the drain hose will be on the drivers side so look for a hose coming out of the firewall there.

Also $500 dollars seems excessive, I would definitely ask other garages for quotes if your not able to fix it yourself because they sound like a rip off.

I am guessing that since your AC flooded you probably will not have a cabin filter installed, for some reason Mitsubishi decided to manufacture Galants without cabin filters in 2003 on the assumption that most people don't change them anyway, this led to the AC flooding. It is quite cheap and easy to install a cabin filter youself, which will prevent a repeat. There are online guides telling you how to do this but basically you remove the glove box, use a knife to cut a section from the top of the blower motor housing, along the perforated line (they just covered the place where the filter should be with thin plastic), install the filter housing available from car parts companies and the filter itself.

Last edited by HeadsWillRoll; 07-05-2011 at 05:27 PM.