Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

2009 ECM

Old 02-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Default 2009 ECM

I bought a wrecked 2009 Galant 2.4 engine and the ecm was damaged in accident.
I bought another eCM with the same P/n from a salvage yard.I was told that the salvage yard ECM could be reprogrammed(Flashed)to the VIN for my car.Some say yes and some say no.
I want an honest answer so that I can get this wonderful car running.
It does not even try to crank with the salvage yard ECM and I canot hear the fuel pump running when I oen the fuel tank.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Default RE: 2009 ECM

it can. You will then need to have the keys programmed to the car as well.

Its not a common thing to do, so you will probably get different answers.. But it can in fact have the VIN re-written.

however, a failed ECM will not effect the car cranking. If it doesnt crank, theres something else wrong.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:05 PM

thanks for the reply,
Was told today that i would also need the immobilizer module ,keys and keylock cylinder from the donor car.It takes all 3 peices to work together I am told.
I dont know what to believe.The dealership says it cannot be reflashed with another VIN number .

Old 02-14-2009, 05:03 PM

you do NOT need the immobilizer. you do NOT need the keys and key cylinders. You need only the ECM and ALL the keys you currently have.

and it CAN be done. how do I know? Ive done it. My 17 years working for mitsubishi has me at an advantage.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:27 PM

Can I send it to you?I am at wits end with this car and heavily into the $$$$

Old 02-14-2009, 05:36 PM

I will be glad to pay you if you can fix this problem.
And thank you for the information.You are the only person this week that has offered me any hope with this car.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:55 AM

the PCM needs to be installed in the car in order to do this.

so you're gonna have to tow it to someone that knows.

explain to you're local dealer that all they need to do is re-write the VIN and re-program your current keys.
keep in mind that if the car doesnt crank, it has nothing to do with the PCM. You have other issues.

In the future, Id recommend NOT buying wrecked cars. They are NOT worth the cost savings.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:17 AM

How right you are and I have learned an expensive education.
OK ,What do you think could be causing the fuel pump not to come on when the ignition switch is in the on position.It Doesn't run at all.
I tried spraying a little (either) into the air cleaner pipe just to see if it would hit but it didn't.
Seems like no fire also.The starter fluid should have cranked it if fire was present.
At this point any ideas are welcome and I appreciate your time in answering my post.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by lynwoodg
How right you are and I have learned an expensive education.
OK ,What do you think could be causing the fuel pump not to come on when the ignition switch is in the on position.It Doesn't run at all.
I tried spraying a little (either) into the air cleaner pipe just to see if it would hit but it didn't.
Seems like no fire also.The starter fluid should have cranked it if fire was present.
At this point any ideas are welcome and I appreciate your time in answering my post.
the immobilizer system is preventing the car from starting. Thats the idea behind it.

you need to rewrite the vin so the PCM will communicate with the immobilizer, and reprogram all the keys to the immobilizer.

FYI, mitsubish cars do NOT start the fuel pump when the key is turned on. the PCM needs to see 150 RPM before it activates it.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Default 2009 ecm

Could I call you direct.You seem to have the answers that no one around here is willing to share.If so PM me at Lynwoodg@hotmail.com
I promise I won't take up much of your time.At this point I/m desperate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 ECM