Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

2009 ECM

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009 | 12:21 PM

My god you should bought a Used car.

dont sweat it out buy it and you will have a lot of problems fixing them. all those money fixing a wreck car can buy You a used one or better a new one.

skip that wreck car PLEASE

Old 02-19-2009 | 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by lynwoodg
Could I call you direct.You seem to have the answers that no one around here is willing to share.If so PM me at Lynwoodg@hotmail.com
I promise I won't take up much of your time.At this point I/m desperate.
ive already told you everything you need.
I cant do anything more for you. You need to get the car to a dealer. You need to have the used PCM rewritten with the correct VIN. You need to have all the keys then programmed to the car.

thats it. If your dealer wont take your money and help, find another.

if it still wont run, theres something else wrong. And in the case of a wrecked car, thats a good chance.

Old 02-20-2009 | 07:05 AM
|
Default Got it fixed

I got the original ECM fixed by a company called GOECM.They are great.
Manybrews,you are wrong on this one.The 2009 models are in LAYERS and cannot be rewritten.Sorry,that info is from the folks that do this for a living everyday but thank you anyway.I believe that you are a competent mechanic that was giving me information that you thought was correct.
As for the other guy that has much to say about buying a wrecked car.He can Eat me!!
I wasn't talking to him anyway and evidently his pocketbook is thick.
I hope he has to go buy an ECM,Immobilizer module and then get the keys reprogrammed if he can find someone who has the software to even do it.
I live in a small town and was just trying to save a few bucks and bring a great car back to life.
The gall of some people,and then we wonder why our country has gone to the dogs.
I bet he voted for OBAMA also.
I.m through now.

Old 02-23-2009 | 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by lynwoodg
I got the original ECM fixed by a company called GOECM.They are great.
Manybrews,you are wrong on this one.The 2009 models are in LAYERS and cannot be rewritten.Sorry,that info is from the folks that do this for a living everyday but thank you anyway.I believe that you are a competent mechanic that was giving me information that you thought was correct.
No, im very correct. You see, ive been working for mitsubishi for 17 years. And ive DONE this on a 09 galant due to the EXACT same thing you're talking about... the PCM was wrecked in a crash, and the body shop sent it to us with a used PCM to repair.
they CAN be re-written, and whomever gave you the opposite information is incorrect

admittedly, I called a mitsu engineer before even attempting it, as I was unsure if they could be re-written, too.. I didnt wanna waste my time nor the body shops money without knowing.
The VIN can easily be rewritten using mitsus software. However, the original vin DOES stay with the PCM in memory forever.. it stores multiple vins for various reasons.

Last edited by Manybrews; 02-23-2009 at 05:28 PM.