Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

96 galant VR-4 Wiring problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 01:19 AM
Default 96 galant VR-4 Wiring problem

ok, i spose im in the right place.

so i'll try to keep this as short as possible...

i've installed an aftermarket radio in my VR-4 (which works all sweet etc etc all wires connected right) and the other day i pulled it out just to make sure the wires are still all good and sexy looking.. which they were then when i went to put the head deck back in the interior lights wouldn't turn on, the dashboard lights don't illuminate(but the needles are still lit) and the radio doesnt work...all these worked before i took the head deck out to check the wires.

but heres where the funny part comes in, the car still runs the immobilizer i have turns off and the car still turns on drives just like it always does cept no radio, dashboard lights..

theres a few other probs as well which my girl found when she went shopping, the central locking no longer works & after having the car on i could take the keys out and still be able to wind up the window which now seems to not be working.

now from the searching i've done around the net i've come to the conclusion its either

A) a fuse (which from what i've seen in the fuse box it doesnt seem like it is. but my knowledge of fuse's is a bit rusty)

or

B) a relay (which i know nothing about)

but as i dont know much about either i'd rather someone who knows more about these things tell me what they think....any help is appreciated

if any more info is needed i can supply it

Old 12-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Default RE: 96 galant VR-4 Wiring problem

never mind i had a poke around the fuse box today and got the problem fixed

thanks for the great help provided tho.....lmao

Old 12-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 96 galant VR-4 Wiring problem

So...what was the fix?