Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

99-Galant NEED HELP with bulb

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 02:16 AM
Smile 99-Galant NEED HELP with bulb

Hi all, i have just signed up here because i need help regarding the parking light on my 1999 Galant.
Can someone please advise how i would go about replacing my drivers side parking light bulb? I have searched online for answers but to no avail, so hoping i can get some useful info from the forum. Also i need to purchase a replacement bulb from the store but would not have a clue as to which bulb i would need to purchase, appreciate any help! Thanks in advance.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:48 AM

seriously??
Take it to a garage. They charge about 5$ here. Job done.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:34 AM

Follow the below steps to replace the bulb on your Mitsubishi Galant

1) Turn off the engine and set the parking brake. Locate the access panel on the Galant, directly behind the light assembly, and pull the carpet cover away. Unsnap the clip on the plastic casing and tilt the cover down.
2) Twist the bulb assembly counterclockwise and pull it out of the assembly. Push the bulb in gently and turn it counter-clockwise until free.
3) Take care not to touch the glass of the new bulb with bare fingers. Cover the bulb with a tissue or paper towel and insert it into the harness, twisting clockwise until the bulb is secure.
4) Insert the bulb harness into the light assembly on the Mitsubishi Galant and turn it to the right until it snaps into place. Test the light and brakes before closing the plastic cover and setting the carpet cover back in place.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:43 PM

Yes...Seriously! I would rather do it my self so i know for next time as i like a challenge. Thank you for your kind help =\

Old 06-28-2013, 03:45 PM

Thank you for that info Jeff, appreciate it. Although its the from park light i am wanting assistance with, i know how to change the rear light bulbs.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:46 PM

im not one to judge, but it does remind me of a joke

how many NZkiwis does it take to change a park light bulb?...

Old 06-29-2013, 05:32 AM

Hahaha

Old 06-29-2013, 03:13 PM

The park light bulb shold be in the head light. I cant recall exactly where it is but if you have a look you shold be able to find it. From memory it is in a plastic holder that turns a 1/4 turn and removes. The bulb is probably a 501 wedge bulb (see details on my website Broomfish Motoring Store)

Old 06-30-2013, 02:52 PM

Thank you, yes it is in the headlight i have located it, having to unplug the fuse connecter to access the lightbulb however i ca not get to the bulb from there, do i need to remove the while headlight from the car to access it? Cheers

Old 06-30-2013, 02:53 PM

Whole*

Quick Reply: 99-Galant NEED HELP with bulb