Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Excellent 1992 VR-4

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Default Excellent 1992 VR-4

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the condition of this Galant I have acquired from my Father. I figured I could ask Galant car owners and admires what they think. I am planning on auctioning it on E-bay.........or should I not.

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj317/1Jolow/

The link above is to the photo's I have of it. It is in great shape to me and It is a special addition. I wondered if it is a rare car and maybe I should hang on to it, or is this not a very popular car for car collectors and what not. But I know nothing has been done to it and it's all original even the paint job, which has been garage kept this whole time as well. I just wasn't sure if this would sell or people would want bigger turbo's on it and exhaust, ya know..... Anyway feedback and/or any comments are appreciated!

[IMG]local://upfiles/16268/743A79F93AFE4129B8706C4D1B5B64AC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Rob
Banned
Default RE: Excellent 1992 VR-4

You lucky sob.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galant_vr4

Here's some info on your car, read and enjoy the fact that you have scored one of the hardest cars to get in good condition. Keep it forever.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:09 PM

I would seriously consider keeping that car and just up keep it in its current condition. That GVR4 is in MINT condition and looks like its been well taken care of for all its life...I am absolutely jealous. I have a Galant VR4 and it was really hard to find one that was well taken care of. I personally would keep it the way it is...ALL stock because what you have in your hands right now is a piece of Mitsubishi heritage, the very first production car Mitsubishi put the legendary 4G63t in and not the mention it was the Rally warrior of its days before the WRC change rules to where the Lancer Evo was born.

IF you decide to sell it...you WILL get top dollar for it. You can pretty much ask for $10,000 easy and find someone that is a avid fan of E39a Galant VR4's and ****** it up and hopefully take great care of it as much your dad did. These cars were in a issue of a car collectors magazine last year as a "look out" for future collectors cars. These cars are getting more and more rare each day and unfortunately me being somewhat in the world of Galant VR4's, I have seen alot of them just neglected to the point they are worthless and no way of bringing back or just parted out and sent to the crushers.

I bought mine for $4500, but since I restored alot of parts and aquiring alot of JDM parts and tastefully modifying things here and there I have been offered a handful of times to sell the car. October of last year and guy from Texas saw my GVR4 parked at a outlet mall in a tourist area of Orlando while me and my fiance went shopping waited just to talk to the owner to offer him/her a price to sell the Galant. He offered me $11,000 and he would have everything arranged to pick the car up in less than a week, but I didn't...I put too much time and work into having the way it is now.

You are one lucky guy to have a beautiful well taken care of GVR4 given to.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:17 PM

Thanks so much for your feed back, we have went ahead and put it on E-bay for 7 days, and if it doesn't sell, maybe It's a sign I should hang on to.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned

Stick around here...

Drive the car hard for a weekend, you will be hooked. Then get a boost controller and gauge, and feel the addiction.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Rob
Banned

E-bay linky?

Old 03-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Old 03-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Rob
Banned

I see there's no asking price, you want to see how much you'll get for it. Are you even going to sell it for real?

Old 03-05-2008, 11:11 AM

It is really for sell. We have a reasonable researve set for it.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:23 PM

Thanks so much for all your responce's for the car. We did sell it and for what every said it would go for. I think it will be well taken care of, and it is a great car.

Quick Reply: Excellent 1992 VR-4