Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

G power=Awsome spark plugs for galant + Torc spec?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Default G power=Awsome spark plugs for galant + Torc spec?

wow just put new NGK G power plugs in the 01 galant.Way betterexceleration, less vibrationhuge difference over stock, not an expensive plug but it is a performance style plug. My new favorite plug! I got them for 2.50per plug! http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/product...amp;country=US

not just blowing smoke, these are quality plugs.

Also if any one knows what the torc spec on the plugs is and the torc spec of the valve cover gasket let me know, thanks.

I'v noticed that on my galant the valve cover gasket is leaking some so i baught a new gasket and plan to change it tommorow, oil is bypassing the plug gasketts and slightly pooling in cylander 1,2,3,4! 4 is by far the worst, then 1 then 2 then 3.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: G power=Awsome spark plugs for galant + Torc spec?

You dont need to "torque" them down. Hand tight w/ a 3/8 ratchet for the plugs is fine. For the valve cover use a 1/4 ratchet and do it the same way. Make sure you tighen the v/c bolts w/ the engine cold, you dont want to chance pulling the threads out w/ the bolt.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Default RE: G power=Awsome spark plugs for galant + Torc spec?

Update:
The valve cover didn't come off as easy as I would have liked, I had to use a screw driver to get it apartfromthecylander block. Removing the gasket was intense, I used a screw driver to wedge it out. Took about 40 minutes to get it out as it broke into a million pieces which stuck in the groove. Took another 10 minutes to clean out the residue. Installation was easy, the correct torque for the valve cover screws is 30 Inch-Pounds or 3.4 newton-meters. The spark plugtube gaskets came off stuck to the top of the valve cover, needed to pick those off as well. The new ones just fit right atop the spark plug tubes and meet the cover tight as it is tightened down. I can thinkof a better way to build this gasket; use a rubber gasket butcreate them with a spring inside thatkeeps the tension (in a perfect world). Easy job.. any one can do it, just needpatience.