Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

late model 02 and temp senders

Old 02-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Default late model 02 and temp senders

Yesterday I posted about having trouble with my temp gauge. Today I went and got a Haynes manuel for the car. In there is says when the temp gauage is bad the temp sender needs replacing. Pictures show the sender page 3-1 which I have and looks correct and is under the air intake duct. Wow i say how simple. So i remove the two clamps to get at the thermostat housing which is suppose to house the coolant sender. Guess what. NO SENDER. this model 2.4 does not have a sender in the thermostat housing. If fact this model does not have a sender anywhere visible to the naked eye . I have checked eveywhere. Its not there. I read further that if the gauge does not work on your dash and the wire from the sender checks out you need to see the dealer as the computer may have a problem. So now before I go to the dealer and drop about $500.00 can some one verify that late 2002 and 2003 2.4 does not have a sender on the engine but that those functions are controlled by the computer only. The fan motors are good and they work with the AC oin but the weather is cold here in New York and I think that is why the car has not overheated. When spring come Im willing to bet I will overheat.