Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Ohman new to cars and galants, but i gave some problems!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 11:23 AM
Default Ohman new to cars and galants, but i gave some problems!

Hello,myname is drew and i am a "newbie". Well, i bought a used 2000 mitsubishi galant ES about a month ago.no warranty on anything. it had 72000 miles on it. at first the car had no problems wha so ever, now im in trouble. My car now idles very rough whenever i am in park or stopped at the light. also, my check engine light does not work at all. and my breaks squeek horribly even when i turn it make this weird embarrassing noise. i spoke to few people and they said to get tune up and get new rotors and brake pads. so i did. nothing has changed. when i ever i go over the smallest bump or any bumo it feels like im going over a million pot holes at once! i ended up spending 211.00 for that and my problems arre still heere. does anyone haveay advice about what could possibly be wrong and th solution to my problems ? I no nothing bout cars and have not had it looked at yet by a mechanic.
Please help. thank you

Old 02-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Default RE: Ohman new to cars and galants, but i gave some problems!

NO ONE WANTS TO HELP WITH ANYTHING? I THOUGHT THIS FORUM WAS MADE FOR THAT.....

Old 02-02-2006, 07:22 PM

I have the same problem you're talking about with the idle being so rough. The only thing is, mine didn't do it until I had my timing belt changed. But I didn't let the Mitsu. dealer do it. It was some mechanic. But now I'm having to take it to the back to the dealer to get it right. Hopefully they get it right. Otherwise I'll sell it. I'll let you know what they find, hopefully it'll help you out some.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:20 PM

thanx alot, was urs new or used when u got it?

Old 02-02-2006, 08:31 PM

No, I just got it a couple of months ago. It only had 52,000 miles on it when I got it. My problems didn't start until I changed the timing belt though. I was trying to avoid problems, and wouldn't you know it. I put one back in[:@] oh well. It's going to Mitsubishi next week. When they tell me why I have such a rough idle. i'll post it here. Maybe it'll help you out.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:54 PM

Do you have the service history of the car before you bought it? Has any other work (besides the brakes) been done on the car?

Old 02-02-2006, 09:24 PM

no, only a tune up, oil change and brakes have been done. origanally i was told a tune up would fix the rough idle. then i was told it could be coils??

Old 02-02-2006, 09:24 PM

no, only a tune up, oil change and brakes have been done. origanally i was told a tune up would fix the rough idle. then i was told it could be coils??

Old 02-20-2006, 08:00 PM

my car had the same problem.. i have a 99 ES and for the vibrating part on the idle, check your engine mounts.. thats wat the problem was for mine.. the idle vibrating is 90%gone... for the suspension.. get out of the car, open the either drive side or the passenger side door, grab the top part of the door and push it a little.. if u can easily do it. you need new shocks.. if the breaks keep squeaking, just clean the brake pads or clean the rotors other then that.. good luck

Old 02-21-2006, 12:42 AM

thanx alot, i am going to check these ting out and see what happens. i will repost asap

Quick Reply: Ohman new to cars and galants, but i gave some problems!