Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

04 OZ RALLY

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Default 04 OZ RALLY

im thinking of buying a 04 lancer OZ rally..its an automatic.. but id like to get your guyses views on it...

iv been hearing that its really slow...but realitive to what? i dont want a race car..this is my first car and i just want something fun....
i mean if it takes 30 seconds to get to 60 its one thing..but if its not incredible fast..thats ok

so whats your guyses take on the car? hows the handeling, speed, ect...should i get it?

Old 11-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Default RE: 04 OZ RALLY

I had an 04 5 spd lancer ES and got a 04 Lancer OZ AT (like the one you want) anyway you get a couple of differences like six speakers, red gauges, different padding on the seats, etc, the thing that I really like (I had never had an At Transmission before by the way) is that this car has 3 settings and then drive (D) so by the time you are in 3rd gear (you are probably doing 70-80 mph) you really don`t need the drive (D). Also the throttle response is great (not super excellent mind you but responds well) and handling is ok, I live in central america so our highways are ****ty but I imagine that you might nejoy driving it in the US.

P.S. You could really hit the 100-110 mph mark if you really wanted just in case you are a speed freak but it takes about 16-18 secs

Old 12-06-2005, 12:48 AM

the lancers are good reliable cars. Granted they're not the fastest, but there are companies that make some really good goodies for them to go pretty fast. With the OZs, you got some better options that come with it such as the sound system, sport gauges, all black interior, and stuff like that, but it also has sport tuned suspension which the ES doesn't.

Old 12-11-2005, 07:52 PM

Check this out, this might help (this is from Robert Tallini, one of the guys that works at Road///RaceMotorsports) ---> http://features.evolutionm.net/article/rrmcorner/16

Just like AJ said, theyre not the fastest car (but they can be).
In August, Road///RaceMotorsports had a Lancer OZ in Super Street Magazine.......it had 290 horses. (Faster then an Evo's 273)
So, many people make the parts to make it faster, but that all depends on if you have the time and the money.
I hope this helps.

Laters,
-Jonny_Doce-

Old 12-16-2005, 06:42 PM

go for it dude

that is a great car

it will meet all the requirements that you asked for, plus add some more

great car for a newbie and as a first car