Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

2002 Lancer as a first car

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Default 2002 Lancer as a first car

Would this be a good car as a first car? Would isurance be high? How is this car with high milage such as 100,000 miles?

Old 02-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Default RE: 2002 Lancer as a first car

mileage hasn't nothing to do with your driving record.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Banned

Dude, that was a dumb reply. Shut up.

Great first car, slow as ***** and good on gas. Insurance wouldnt be high (Unless your talking about the Lancer Evolution?). High mileage is fine too. Just make sure things like the timing belt have been done, and oil changes have been kept up with, and you will be fine.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:04 PM

Well it wasn't a damn reply I live in Massachusetts they only give high premiums if you're driving an exotic car like a Ferrari but driving a 2008 Lancer is not gonna make any difference especially with High mileagecar like his buying.

He will pay lesser Excise Tax if they have that on his State.
Less PAY on registration and lesser premiums

My 2008 Lancer I only paid $750.00 last year for my premium THAT IS FULLY COVERED

They really base your insurance in How many speeding tickets you had, how many accident you had, how many DUI arrest you have and aslo your driving points

That's a fact.
If you change your timing belt be sure they won't break your Oil Seal because some technician are too lazy to dsimantle everything especially the flywheel they force the belt on and will break an oil seal.

believe me been there done that

Old 02-15-2008, 05:47 PM

Thanks, i know that the eclipse is not very reliable so i wasn't sure if the lancer was reliable

Old 02-18-2008, 05:48 PM

anyone? would this car be riliable?

Old 02-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Rob
Banned

ORIGINAL: mppaintball

Thanks, i know that the eclipse is not very reliable so i wasn't sure if the lancer was reliable
An Eclipse is reliable as you make it. Take care of it, and it'll take care of you...just like any car.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:22 PM

um thanks, so does that mean the lancer would be a reliable car?

Old 02-25-2008, 01:57 AM

Actually I just bought a '02 Lancer last week, and I love it so far. It has enough power where it doesnt feel like your in a go cart and the gas is great. Mine doesnt have nearly the miles that your getting but the car is great.
And lucky for you, I happen to be in the insurance industry (I'm in Cali, it might be different in your area) and I can tell you that insurance should be cheaper than if you were to get an eclipse. The lancer is considered a standard vehcile (like a sentra, corolla, etc.) wheras an eclipse is considered a sports or sporty vehcile. And also the fact that its a sedan rather than a coupe helps too. Now if your talking about the Evo then thats a totally different story. Now other things that will play a big part in determining your price for insurance is going to be years of driving exp., driving record (obviously), annual miles driven, type and limits of coverage you request, and area you live (high traffic? or low traffic?), and finally the value of the vehicle (if your getting full coverage) But over all a lancer should be safe. Just go online and run a quote with all the cars your considering, you should be able to get prices right away. Sorry for the long reply...

Old 03-07-2009, 10:55 AM

I have one with 100,000+ miles. If it is manual the clutch must be replaced about 1200. That is it's only repair job. Very reliable and trustworthy car. Replace both belts to improve performance! 33mpg hwy 29-30 in town :}
I'd say worth 3-4 thousand, 5 if OZ ralley edition.

Quick Reply: 2002 Lancer as a first car