Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

2008 Lancer Low Pressure Tire Indicator

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Default 2008 Lancer Low Pressure Tire Indicator

Your 2008 Lancer Tire Pressure indicator will turn on.
On25 degrees and below freezing temperature.

If you live in a very cold climate likeNew Englandyour tire pressure indicator will always warn you about low pressure on your tires but it doesn't really mean thatyou have a flat tire. check it out ifit's really flat but if it's not flatleave them alone the pressure will come back after warming or drivingyour tires

Remember when it's cold the your tire pressure will get low but after driving it for 30 mins or so the Tire Pressure will turnreturn to normal and indicatorwill beoff.

I prefer my tire is low pressure because the 2008 Lancer performs better on 31 psi not the regular 32 psi for the tire pressure.

Try it and you will know what I am talking about.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Default RE: 2008 Lancer Low Pressure Tire Indicator

Annoying partis that the Seat belt, Icy road, tireindicators will make a sound simultanously.

Ifeel like I was part of the Apollo 13 crew when allinstrumentgauges started to warn you with problems or should I say like flying an F18 Hornet.

Mitsubishi indeedwantsyou to feel that you are in anairplane cockpit.
What I can do They made the ww2 Japanese Zero fighter

Old 12-18-2007, 03:51 PM

According to the FSM, the low tire pressure warning alarm threshold values are:
* Standard pressure at cold (reference): 220 kPa (32 psi)
* Alarm ON pressure: 174 kPa (25.2 psi) or less
* Alarm OFF pressure: 189 kPa (27.4 psi) or more

I've started up my lancer in < 25 F weather and had no issues with TPMS.

Always confirm your tire pressure with a tire pressure gauge. If your TPMS is warning you and the tire pressure is not in the above alarm condition specs, take it to your dealer for service.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:24 AM

ORIGINAL: BEAT

Your 2008 Lancer Tire Pressure indicator will turn on.
On25 degrees and below freezing temperature.

If you live in a very cold climate likeNew Englandyour tire pressure indicator will always warn you about low pressure on your tires but it doesn't really mean thatyou have a flat tire. check it out ifit's really flat but if it's not flatleave them alone the pressure will come back after warming or drivingyour tires

Remember when it's cold the your tire pressure will get low but after driving it for 30 mins or so the Tire Pressure will turnreturn to normal and indicatorwill beoff.

I prefer my tire is low pressure because the 2008 Lancer performs better on 31 psi not the regular 32 psi for the tire pressure.

Try it and you will know what I am talking about.
It could be that one or more of the sensors in the tires that detect whether or not the tire is flat could be broken. It happened it my brother a couple of times, and he doesn't even fix it anymore because they break so easily and it costs to much to fix. It's not that hard to check the tire pressure in your car. I don't know why they put this feature on cars.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:02 AM

Nope it is not broken. Trust me

If it's broken the WarningLight will not go away it will stay on for Good.

Mine goes away after driving the car for 30 min. when the tires arewarm enough and the air pressure build up. remember when it's cold the air pressure contracts and when it's hot the air pressure expand.

Remember Our weather here in New England in very early morning is About 7 degrees and sometimes it goes down below minus Zero. This morning it was 22 degrees.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:16 PM

[/quote]

It could be that one or more of the sensors in the tires that detect whether or not the tire is flat could be broken. It happened it my brother a couple of times, and he doesn't even fix it anymore because they break so easily and it costs to much to fix. It's not that hard to check the tire pressure in your car. I don't know why they put this feature on cars.

[/quote]

people are lazy, which is stupid, cus it annoys the hell out of people who aren, n they say the states made it mandatory for all new cars i guess, so all of north america is gonna have it, but ya, fact of the matter is, people are ****in lazy bitches