Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Alarm going off

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Default 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Alarm going off

I'm having problems with the alarm randomly going off when car is locked and when I drive emergency blinkers turn on and the dashboard shows that all door, trunk and hood are open than few seconds later the trunk pops open. Please help me solve this, I went to Mitsubishi dealership and they said that they don't know what it is after running the diagnostic.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:59 AM

so paid proffesionals with diagnostic equipment and the physical car cant help...but strangers on the internet with only your description can?
Man, internet must be getting good!

Pull the alarm fuse out and drive on.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:36 AM

Any fix?

My 2008 GTS factory alarm has started going off randomly and its very annoying.

Sometimes the trunk opens, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes the hazard stay on after I turn the alarm off, sometimes it says the doors are open, sometimes it says the hood is open.

If I don't "arm" the car and only lock with the switch inside, sometimes the hazards come on randomly but the alarm doesn't go off.

Should I go to the dealer? They have never been able to help me with anything.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Basir
Any fix?

My 2008 GTS factory alarm has started going off randomly and its very annoying.

Sometimes the trunk opens, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes the hazard stay on after I turn the alarm off, sometimes it says the doors are open, sometimes it says the hood is open.

If I don't "arm" the car and only lock with the switch inside, sometimes the hazards come on randomly but the alarm doesn't go off.

Should I go to the dealer? They have never been able to help me with anything.
I went to the dealer multiple times they ran their codes and what not...they had no clue what it was. I had my dad strip all the wires and we found out that the fuse box under the steering wheel broke. Went to the dealer ship they said it will cost about $900 to get a fuse box and program it...found the same fuse box on Craigslist for $75 and problem is gone.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by mplewa215
I went to the dealer multiple times they ran their codes and what not...they had no clue what it was. I had my dad strip all the wires and we found out that the fuse box under the steering wheel broke. Went to the dealer ship they said it will cost about $900 to get a fuse box and program it...found the same fuse box on Craigslist for $75 and problem is gone.
Thanks for the info, bud!

Old 11-27-2013, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by mplewa215
Hey, would you be able to help me out a little more? I've been having the problem for months now and its been getting worse.

I found a scrap yard with the part.

Its the in-dash fuse box, right? The one beside the steering wheel?
Did you need anything other than the part?
Was it just a swap or was there some programming to do?
Did you do it yourself?
Do you have a part number or anything so I'm sure to get the right part?

Thanks a lot

Old 11-27-2013, 10:02 AM

It is not a fuse box. It is ETACS containing numerous relays and circuits.
Besides, it acts like a BIOS setup for PC, it stores all you vehicle ECUs config data.
So these settings must be saved and updated into new/replacement ETACS.

What is you location?

Old 11-27-2013, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
It is not a fuse box. It is ETACS containing numerous relays and circuits.
Besides, it acts like a BIOS setup for PC, it stores all you vehicle ECUs config data.
So these settings must be saved and updated into new/replacement ETACS.

What is you location?
Hey, so is this module completely different from the in dash fuse box?

The dealer actually told me its the ETACS and when I asked what that is exactly, they told me its basically the fuse box. I have found places with the in-dash fuse box. Is this the part I need or is the ETACS something else or part of the fuse box?

So I guess I couldn't change it myself and would need someone to reprogram it?

I'm in Montreal.

Thanks for your help!

Old 11-27-2013, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Basir
Hey, so is this module completely different from the in dash fuse box?

The dealer actually told me its the ETACS and when I asked what that is exactly, they told me its basically the fuse box. I have found places with the in-dash fuse box. Is this the part I need or is the ETACS something else or part of the fuse box?

So I guess I couldn't change it myself and would need someone to reprogram it?

I'm in Montreal.

Thanks for your help!
Here is ETACS. Fuse and relay sockets are part of it.

There are couple of guys over in Montreal having equipment capable of transferring needed settings. I'd rather go to them.
What is the quote from dealership?

Old 11-27-2013, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Here is ETACS. Fuse and relay sockets are part of it.

There are couple of guys over in Montreal having equipment capable of transferring needed settings. I'd rather go to them.
What is the quote from dealership?
So that's basically the in-dash "fuse box". I'm hoping the one from scrap will come with all the relays as it's likely one of those that went bad, yes?

Would you be able to PM me these guys in Montreal that could help me out? The dealer quote is $1500 for parts only and then labour above that! LOL!

I appreciate your help!

Quick Reply: 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Alarm going off