Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

About my 2008 Lancer

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Default About my 2008 Lancer

1. I noticed that my driver side door will automaticallylock when I leave my door unlock
but it doesn't autolockif the4 doors are all unlock.

2. Day Time running lights are Great. I don't have to use the regular beam lights during sunrise and sunset

3. It is getting colder in New England and my car warned me of Icy roads and it's kind of interesting when a car warned me of icy roads.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Default RE: About my 2008 Lancer

Congrats on the new car! Do you have the navigation system? You can customize some of the locking functions through its menus if you have it. I think what you're seeing is the feature where it will automatically re-lock the doors after xxx seconds if none of the doors are opened after being unlocked. I also believe it'll unlock if you leave the key inside the vehicle (if you have the FAST key).

The daytime running lights are great, I agree -- Sunrise & sunset is the best time to use them. I wish there was a way to manually override them for the very few times I wish I could have them off (i.e. moving about in garage/driveway, flashing my lights to warn other vehicles without blinding them).

The Icy road reminder occurs every time the temperature gets to 36 or 37 F (can't remember which). Its nice the first couple times, but it really just gets annoying after a while.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:23 PM

Thankyoubut I have the DE model and still stratching my head why I have that feature.
I almost lock my kid inside the car while she was in the baby seat. Thank god I ALWAYS leave my driver side window open 1/2 way just in case Ilock my keys or kid inside the car.

The most annoying is the seat belt warning light and soundit bugs the hell out of me. especially if I just want to drive a mile away to grab some snacks for my kid in a convenient store.

I noticed that changing gear is hard to comtemplate. It feels like the car is doing it for me but actually it is just minimixing the revolution or I think the acceleration.
it's not bad at all but I have to learnthe exactspeed tochange agear on a CVT.

Don't get me wrong it is an awesome transmisson I just need a little practice.

take care

Old 10-29-2007, 07:28 PM

i would love to have the new lancer...but the auto lock feature is annoying....#3 in ur list would be quite useful here in NY i agree

Old 12-12-2007, 11:55 AM

For the past 2 months it was been raining,snowing and icy cold weather in New England. My Lancer ES has been performing very well on these weather conditions. The Tires are a little bit noisy on certain roads but the reliabilty during heavy snow and rain is Great. The tires don't hydro and slide, it grip pretty well on severe weather condition.

The Intermittant wipers are great especially if the snow or rain takes time to drop on my wind shield if it's a minute or 2 mins delay.

Just use your Intermittant wipers and you will be all set. you don't have turn on and off the wiper if you want to see the road clearly.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:54 PM

hey i have a 2008 lancer! and i want to change the headlights to the ultra white ones ! Some one told me i would be better off buyinga whole kit not just the light bulbs to up the voltage ! Has anyone changed there headlight yet ? And if so were can i find the kits !!!!'

Thanks

BigJ

Old 12-28-2007, 01:13 PM

Just buy and changethe bulb.... I saw a lot of cars in CarDomain with white or blue light on their 2008 Lancer without any problems but I never saw one actually replacing the whole entire headlights and voltage

It just a waste of money replacing headlights. If I were you justconcentrate on making your car fasternot brighter.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:39 AM

hey guys need your feedback regarding '08 Lancer Gts ive expiriencing the steering wheel it keeps going to the left, i ask the mits dealer that is now theproblem of the'08 Lancer Gtsand they dont know how to solve this issue, they are waiting the answer or instruction from head office in japan.( for how long???????)

Old 01-05-2008, 10:12 PM

Yea, my 'Periodic Inspection' light comes on? What's that about? I have the DE. I was a little bummed to find out that my doors are manual. But I love the car. First new car I have ever owned, and I deserved ir! I worked my *** off in Baghdad lol.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:33 AM

Well just press and old the reset button that it will adjust to the next mileage or maintenance mileage.

Quick Reply: About my 2008 Lancer