Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Anyone Own a 2009 Lancer!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Default RE: Anyone Own a 2009 Lancer!

FYI

Sorry I was talking about 2008 Lancer GTS and ES not the 2009 model.

I have seen the interior of the2009 Lancer but not the engine.

I saw one at Westborough Mitsubishi. I also noticed that the gas cover is aluminum and the interior is Carbon Fiber and dash I think is Blue light not red.

Funny I was planning tobuy someCarbon Fiberto put on my 2008 dash. coincidentally Mitsubishi has the same Idea and they alsoput thecarbon fiber on the dash lining and doors on the 2009 model.

Yes Mazda are all over Massachusetts. I think the consumer behavior of people of MA are typical stereo type. They think when someone drives a Mazda they have to buy it too. I didn't buy the Mazda because it is not really a great car and nothing special about it.

Just a new platform and better interior but nothing to brag about . Interior is nice but who cares even a Yaris or Hyundai have nice interior.

I bought theLancerbecausethe way itlooks that no other Japanese car has.
Sharky,Fast,Great sound system with the 650 Rockford Fosgate system, the Paddle shifter, the interior, 7 airbags instead of 5, easy to install after market parts, GREAT ON CURVES great on snows, great on mileage if you don't have a heavy foot etc etc etc.

I agree the older Lancer wasn't appealing because Mitsubishi was too busy perfecting the drive train, the AWD system etc etc. Now they perfected everything .

Let see what else they develop that can make the Lancer a better car than the Mazda.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:24 AM

by the way my dealer said.

You can request different interior and exterior for your 2009 Lancer but depends if they have it stock.

Like Aluminum gas cover,Recaro seat on a GTS, Brembo brakes,wings on a ES etc etc. they said just buy the accessories and install them.

they all fit together except for the engine.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:55 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew how the tires on the GTS model (215/45R18) would handle in
the snow. I'm from Massachusets & we all know how the winters can be.
Will those be ok or do i need snows.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:29 AM

They have the same brand with my 2008 lancer.
to tell you frankly they are verygood but not great compared to snow tires.
we have all season tires.

You feel like it is not touching the ground during snow. that's my concern about the tires. feel like driving on air. The tires handle well on wet and dry road.

But for me BALD you tires before changing to Snow Tires
tosave you money just rotate them every 3,000 miles and those stoick tires are not cheap at all.

I will recommend buying Michelen snow tires it looks better on the Lancer

Old 08-28-2008, 10:08 AM

Thanks for the response. That is what I was looking for in an answer. This will be my 1st winter with this car &
those tires.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:46 AM

The stock tires are good just accelerateslow on thesnow. because the Torque steer on the Lancer is A LOT and makes the tire spin faster. that's why whenyou drive the Lancer on dry roads you will feel the torque on the steering wheel-it fights back. that's not bad at all because you know that your Lancer is fast even though we have 152 to 142 horspower but it can accelerate faster than a Mazda or Honda Civic.

I almost totalled my 2008 Lancer from the Last Northestern almost hit a guard rail but I was managed to control my car because I am driving a 5 speed manual and tires really help a lot.

The sway to the left when driving the Lancer is actually the pavement. They are not evenly pave or a little bent to the left. but the car really run straight if you use your Cruise control on 95 or 93.

One thing more the Lancer wants to be handled a little rough probably because it is a Rally car sedan.

enjoy your Lancer.

Mine is 35,000 miles with no problems just the weather and drivers that are 4 feet behind me.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:31 PM

I bought the 08 Lancer SE model, the 09 is pretty much identical. I love the car. Handles very well, has some good punch when you slam the throttle down, however it lags under 3500 rpm which is to be expected with any car that kicks ***. Rev the engine high enough and its great. Ive heard lots of people bitch about the CVT including my buddy who bought one, its cool how the new shifting works, but Jon said it is just not as cool as it could be. Its worth it to learn manual tranny to get the extra preformance. Great car, Will last a long time. Warranty is amazing. The engine is great too. Used by 5 automakers i believe it is, its awesome very quick. And if you have children like I do, the backseat fits carseats easily and you have tonnes of room to crank the drivers seat back even with a carseat directly behind it. A good car for a person about 6ft but not much taller. I find I fit in it nicely, but if i was a few inches taller i would have issues with the tilt steering which I allready have all the way up. Other then that, its a perfect car, cheap, warranty for 10 years doesnt hurt either.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:24 PM

hey guys im new to the forums and yes i bought a mitsubishi lance 09 but the de model but i got to say i love the looks and the inside is not bad . i payed 12,500 for mines but i traded in my 04 sti just cause my warranty was over and the parts for the sti was expensive .its a big down grade but i get way better gas millage than my subie plus my insurance went down like 300 bucks.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:31 AM

Do you have anti lock brakes? tha's the only thing I am concern about the DE model.

300 is a big savings for you? Mine was $16,500 but with mylousy credit I got a high interest rate.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:07 AM

hi everyone I'm very new to the forum.I really would like to buy the 09' lancer gts, but the problem is my parents want me to get a safe and reliable car (my first new car). We don't have prior knowledge of mitsubishi cars so I thought I'd ask all of you how reliable the lancer is. My family is in to toyotas and they really want me to get a camery @_@ ! i rather not get the camery because everyooonnneee has that car! I want to be unique! plus I think the lancer looks cooler andfits my personalitythen the camery haha!

I'm a student still so i will be using this car to go to school and back home and occationally go on a road trip or two!~

~allison

Quick Reply: Anyone Own a 2009 Lancer!