Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Apple iPhone connection problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Default Apple iPhone connection problem

Hi,

I have an Apple iPhone and using it with my 2008 Lancer GTS Bluetooth Hansfree System (no Navi). The phone pairs with car's system fine and works fine too. The problem is, the phone keeps disconnecting from the handsfree system. And I have to turn off the car and restart it to reconnect.

Anyone esle experiencing the same problem?

Old 10-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Default RE: Apple iPhone connection problem

ORIGINAL: nmkavadarli

Hi,

I have an Apple iPhone and using it with my 2008 Lancer GTS Bluetooth Hansfree System (no Navi). The phone pairs with car's system fine and works fine too. The problem is, the phone keeps disconnecting from the handsfree system. And I have to turn off the car and restart it to reconnect.

Anyone esle experiencing the same problem?
I just set up my handsfree system a couple of days ago and it works great I talked for over 40 minutes at one point, you should check the setting on your phone I have a motorola V3 and there is a car settings tab where you have additional controls like power-off delay, auto answer...etc mine is set for 60 min not sure if this controls how long you can speak using handsfree but check it out, or just check around for any additional bluetooth or hands free functions...hope this helps!

By the way I have a 2008 Lancer GTS with sun and sound package and navi.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Default RE: Apple iPhone connection problem

I can confirm that this happens with my iphone also.

Strangely, for the first few weeks I had my iphone, operation with my car was seamless all the time. Now, I find that after placing or receiving either one or two calls from inside my car, my iphone will spontaneously disconnect from the bluetooth handsfree system.

From there, I have to re-start my car to get it back. On several occasions the phone has magically re-connected when I've received calls later, but generally a restart is required.

I've tried nailing down some kind of pattern, but so far it just seems that after the second call (incoming or outgoing) that's it, disconnect.

It's not a timer built into the iphone, because if I place two calls in the first 5 minutes my car is running, the thing will disconnect.