Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Bluetooth hands free not working properly.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 01:58 AM
Default Bluetooth hands free not working properly.

Hi, I own a 2016 Mitsubishi Lancer and I just bought a new phone. It's an Oppo, Android operating system. Anyway, it is not connecting with the car hands free properly.
Please bare with me this may be a long post to explain exactly what is happening.
1st, I have had two other phones before this one in the time I have owned the Lancer, and they both worked without problems on the car hands free system.
2nd, the new phone, The Oppo, works fine on every other vehicles' hands free Bluetooth that I use. ie; work vehicles.
The problem I am having with the Lancer is that it says it's connected, and I make/receive a call, and it connects ok for the first 5 or 10 seconds and then it drops out and says, "Bluetooth connection released". Then, it will reconnect for another 5 or 10 seconds, them drop out again. And this cycle continues until I get the ****s with it and end the call.
I have followed the instruction manual directions to a tee regarding pairing the device to the hands free system, but it still does this. I took it to a Mitsubishi Dealer/Service centre and did exactly the same thing I did to get it connected, but it's still doing the "Bluetooth connection released" thing and constantly dropping out during calls.
It's really starting to **** me off because my phone does not do this with any other vehicles' hands-free system.
Other than buying a separate Bluetooth device, which I shouldn't have to do, I don't what I can do to solve this.
Any suggestions or troubleshooting would be much appreciated.
Thank you.